Stand Alone ECU Group Buy

PARTS FOR SALE: Send an email to [email protected] for availability.

Cobber

There is always a few cyber tyre kickers. As long as we have at least 10 names we shall be fine.

Thanks Dave & Rod, more money saved thanks to this forum ;-)

Adsport

Before I order I will PM each participant to confirm their order.

Please keep a watch on your PM box.
just figured out i have to activate PM's and have done so.

There is always a few cyber tyre kickers. As long as we have at least 10 names we shall be fine.

Thanks Dave & Rod, more money saved thanks to this forum ;-)

yeah i was expecting this also.

just wondering what setups people are going to be using their management on? mine will be a 4agze in an AW11 , the mtor has a few bolt ons and has got to the point where my check engine light pops on now and again haha

thanhngo

too many check lights? thats scary hehe.

I got a 4age, gonna bolt on ITB first. Then some 272/288 cams followed by some highcomp pistons. All in stages :) Will you make entire new loom? Hmm better not hijack the thread...I might get kicked off.

Adsport

the guy that does wiring for me has volunteered himself to contruct me a new loom ahha... main thing for me with going aftermarket was the ability to lose the batch firing on the injectors , aswell as the adjustment. now i can run more boost out of the sc14 !

gte

I have a question,

Why do you have to piggy back the stock ecu with this stand alone, and put resistance values in for the tps, etc ... for auto trans operation?

Gentlemen,

I am working very closely with Adaptronic and currently we have an oppertunity to get a good price with our purchasing power. The ECU is selling for $995 (AUD) msrp plus gst along with A 0.5m loom (= A$66 each) and 2.0m loom is A$90 + GST (= A$99).

I can not disclose the price as stated by our contract. We need 10 serious buyers to get a great price. Damein and Neil Griffiths installed them already in the 1UZFE (pre 1998) and it running very good.

Here are some information about Adaptronic:
What's so special about the Adaptronic?
Because the amount of fuel required by engines differs under different conditions (eg throttle position) and between different engines, the ECU must be tuned for the particular engine. This process must be repeated when other modifications to the engine are made. This can often take a lot of time to perform, even for an experienced tuner, because the tuner has to manually adjust the fuel mixture on the ECU, and retest the engine, for hundreds of different conditions. Time on a dynamometer can be quite expensive, leading to a very expensive engine modification.

There is another method, which is where the ECU automatically adjusts the mixture strength to the user's specification. This greatly speeds up the tuning procedure. This technology has been employed by MoTec (Quick Lambda) and Autronic (Autotune), however their use appears limited to tuning on a dynamometer.

The Adaptronic has been designed from the ground up to run continuously in adaptive mode. This means that after performing changes such as a new exhaust system, the user merely needs to continue to drive the car on the street, and the ECU will automatically adapt to the changes made.

This makes life easier for vehicle modifiers and the end user, while encouraging responsible car tuning, leading to less pollution from modified cars generally.

More technical details in here

Here is the installation instruction for the 1uzfe Adaptronic also have some base maps too. Here is one might help get thing started.

I have been playing with a piggyback for two years now and I am tired of the self adjust by the stock ecu. Please pm me for the price if you are seriously interested.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
The SC and LS use one ECU for both engine and transmission.

The Adaptronic can only run the engine (just like the rest of the ECU's on the market) so you use the original ECU to handle the transmission.

An alternative is to run the Adaptronic (or any aftermarket ECU) and use a triptronic system to control the transmission.

The GP is closed and all ECU are being ordered today.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ordered 14 ECU's this morning.

5 with .5m looms and 9 with the 2m looms.

Adaptronic will email me an invoice and it will be paid today.

No delivery date as yet.

Lextreme

Just call me "Lex"
Guys,

When u get the ecu, can you guys write a tutorial for it so we can help others with it. Since about 14 of us have the ecu, we can perhaps upload some share maps.