Stainless Valves Anyone?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Smitherz

Does anyone know if there are any larger size stainless valves for the 1UZ available? My builder has put bigger valves in other toyota and honda heads with good results but of course he can't find anything aftermarket for the 1UZ! I've been looking around for a while now and I haven't found any info on aftermarket valves at all. Does anyone have any bones to throw me on this? :shrug: Our other option is to have one of his sources make some new ones for me. I'm giving my search about a week before I give him the "ok" on a custom set of valves. I'm getting impatient!

Instead of him spending time on the stock valves I figure we might as well just have them made like we want, in the first place.

IIRC, Ferrea make oversize valves for these motors

Also, check with Manley; they have a huge selection, and if they don't have what you want, their pricing to make customs isn't that bad.

I have check all over the place. There is no direct replacement. Just get 1mm larger valve size along with proper stem size and cut it shorter. Other thing would be getting mixed and match from different make. Such as intake valve from one company and exhaust valve from others.

That's exactly what we were discussing. 1mm will work just fine. I'm going to give my man the word to plan on having a new set made asap. More flow - more go. :mischievous:
Shake and Bake.

Another to get it done properly would create a large group like 20 sets. Many company are willing to do custom made and especially 20 sets. Anyone interested?

Yeah I think this is a great way to increase flow without havint to throw down a huge amount of $ for cams. Stainless hardened valves is an upgrade in itself so machining the head for the larger ones is quite an advantage over stock. Yeah it's a lot of work but if you can retain the stock ECU and stuff it would be an economical and easier solution for more response... oh and maybe some more power. Notice I mentioned response first. If I wanted more power (and lower fuel economy) I would just order a set of cams, larger injectors and a more powerful fuel pump. We will see.

I'm going to go mess around with a 5S-FE head I have laying around.

We have done much of the research on the valves. Buying a Toyota 4 or 6 cylinder over size stainless valve along with machining would cost as much as a set of custom valves. We can save money buy getting a group buy on the valves. One example would be the the 2JZGTE Valves. Using stock 2JZ stock valves and over size intake valve would be the best. That combo will bring about 1 mm over the stock 1uzfe valve. However, the 2J valve stems are little longer and machining would not be cheap. I think if we can get a GP of 20 for example would certainly lower the price alot.

Smitherz,

Take a look in here Valve Specifications The closest interchangeable 1uzfe exhaust valve would be the Hyundia V6 Tiburon over size exhaust valve part number F1971P. Its only .40 mm larger. Not sure if it is worth the upgrade. The Toyota MR2 (3SGTE) over size Intake valve part number F1864P would yield 1 mm over size but need some cuttings and mods. The second choice would be the Dodge Neon 2.4 SRT4 stock size intake valve part number F2143P. They require some type of modifications in order to make it work.

Well we're working on cross referencing some other Toyota valves. My machinist mentioned something about 2UZ valves and then make a couple calls to get quotes for custom stainless valves. One shop was too busy and the other guys were out to lunch or something. If it's too much then he said he would find something close and have it machined. One way or the other we will get some made.