Spitronic's forum

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
hi Alan, im guessing that you have a spitronics system, is it any good? i was thinking about getting one for my project, it cheap compared to the other systems which, as a yorkshire man, i find appealing. what are your thoughts on it.

Hi
I have not installed it as I have a few other things to do first.
Spoken to Spitronics and should I be adding some new pages to the forum.

I think for the money it's a good alternative to some of the more expensive ECU's, It's set up for the None VVTI and there is a set up for the VVTI. One thing I have found is that it has 6 drivers, 4 for the injection (split sequential) and 2 for the spark (std 2 coils on distributors).
There is a additional firing module which will give nine drivers in total so you could do wasted spark on 8 GM coils or wasted on cops, I don't know if you can do a EDIS system but will be looking into it.
There is a 36-1 crank wheel supplied and is a direct replacement for the standard timing disc, It should work ok, will do a install log when I install it.
Only thing I see to change is on the IACV module cable, I don't like the cable they have used, It's a 5 core cable with a screen cable, it is clear in the manual that's it's not a ground but a 12 v supply to the 1UZFE IACV, I could just put some heat shrink on it or make up a new 5 wire loom from thin wall cable. Other than that it looks ok, I am only 10 12 miles from you in Guiseley, you can come and have a look at the kit before you decide.

Alan

interesting stuff, i might take you up on that offer when i get to that point, it may be a while yet though, thanks. not sure if it is of any interest to you but i started a facebook group, 1uz-fe swap parts uk, for people to chat, share ideas and find suppliers in our neck of the woods . Leigh.

Thought there would have been a few more lookers on there. Might have to link it to a few other places

Spitronics

I bought the spitronics ECU and TCU two years ago after my standard 1 uzfe ECU packed up. My first problem was a starting problem i subsequently had a conrod throuh the block. After replacing the engine a found the plug wires crossed. The only problem i had was a dry joint on one wire i ordered a new harnesand the EC U worked fine. I have done a total of 3500 Km and have no complaints. The RPM guage wil not work of the output supplied a tapped the negative coil wire and set the instrument to 4 cyl. The TCU is stil not working after 2 years, im pulling the engine and wil start it on a stand to see if i can fix the gearbox problem. So far i have used the gearbox like a manual by changing the gears manually
Kind regards
Jan Venter

Ive had mine fitted for over 12 months and many miles. Fired right up when fitted. Then just had to learn the tuning of it but had no problems at all apart from ones that I created by not knowing what I was doing

Spitronics

I also created a few problems by not following the manual or misreading. The gearbox is possibly the plug onto the incorrect takeof but there is a few improvements that i need to do that is the reason for the engine coming out. A massive oil leak may be the biggest reason. Jan Venter

I see Jan has the TCU, has anyone else bought it? His result is making me want to build an audrino and write a program for the box.
Im really tempted to jump on the Spitronics bandwagon as its a huge value for dollar.
Is the tuning interface easy to decipher, or have any of you struggled to figure out the maps? Cold weather starting influenced for any of you?

Doriken Sputronics

My problem is not with the mapping or the TCU I think i have a connection problem if one of the experts can give me a pointer i can solve this problem. my laptop connected to the TCU wil nit give me a connection. My RPM and speedo does not show on the screen my gearshift is showing and i get messages saying that mu TCU is not online. Im pulling the engine to fix a oil leak and plan to put the engine and gbox on a stand ti run so i can check the connections and swap the gbox if neccesary.

Hi
I had not until now, been away from the car with house repairs, computer been down as well.
Thats very good news will give him a bell to see if he wants to put some things on the web,
I will be sorting mine out over the next few weeks, I don't know how he feels about the people who got them direct from Spitronics before there was a dealer, it sounds like it could be a good contact for setting them up.

Alan