Spitronic maps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I also work on around 3-4 degrees away from detonation but I'm using a link G4 knock block so i'm hearing it well before it becomes audible to the naked ear. By the time it's heard without listening gear it's well past any point I'm comfortable with.

The other day I was tuning and picking up Det before I could even hear it with my normal gear. It was just the very beginning as it was starting to effect the burn. 2 degrees out and mixtures cleaned lovely.

What kind of exhaust manifolds are you running?

What sort of intake temps are you seeing? Where is the IAT sensor located?

im using castlemain rod shop exhaust manifolds. block huggers. that run to a 3in exhaust.

intake temps are around 25degs if i remember correctly. unless the day is hot the temps normally dont get much higher than that from what ive seen. My sensor is located just after the air filter on the intake pipe. I have a sealed air intake running to a 4in snorkel outside. (for 4wding) (3in piping from air filter (just a k&n pod) to intake. Its a short run.

I havent been game to run to 40 or more... i cant hear it ping but im getting no difference in the way it runs either.

At the moment the way its set i get smooth delivery. As i dont have access to a dyno i dont really know what its doing in a detailed way though. So this is the only way i can judge it.

No point going any further if you aren't getting any difference. Often with 4x4 and larger tyres you will be cruising at lower vacuum than other vehicles so this results in different timing figures at cruise.

I like my air temp sensor close to or mounted in the TB. I did some testing recently on snorkels to find the one we fitted did not present any restriction.

With the headers you have fitted I suspect the timing is pretty close.

What RPM are you doing at 100km/h? What Vacuum figure do you have at 100km/h cruise?

The sensor is very close to the tb.

The rpm at 100km/h is around 2650-2700rpm.

I will have to check what vacuum im running at 100km/h.

I did just recently change my whole intake system. it originally had 4 really tight bends and run around the back of the motor to my air box and out to the snorkel on the passenger side.

I have since changed it to run out the driver side with just an 'ss bend to help reduce the static pressure.

guys just an update.

did a 260km round trip (all highway km's. sitting at 100 most of the time). Averaged 13.5l per 100kms. Very happy with that.

doing a city run atm. Will update as soon as i finish.

cheers

Gentlemen, I have the 1UZFE into a Ford Sierra XR6 and using a Spitronicz ECU and TCU. Fuel consumption on the open road 400 km in 4 hours used 40 lit of fuel. RPM at 100 is 2200. I have had no joy with my gearbox TCU. I am changing the gears manually. Please i need help with the con ections on the gearbox. My laptop is not getting any info from the software.

Spitronics

Gentlemen, After reading and thinking about your threads on RPM @ 100 kmh and feul consumption per 100 km I have come to the conclution that your gearbox is stuck in third gear and not changing up into OD. If the RPM at 100 kmh is 2700 then your final drive is approx 37 km per 1000 rpm. I am guessing that your dif ratio is in the regeon of 5:1 and your tyre size is about 15 inch high profile. Take the rolling distance of a rear wheel to get the curcumferance of the wheel in meters devide this by the final gear ratio ( gearbox top gear = 0.70:1xdif ratio) multiply by 60. this will give you the kmh per 1000 RPM.

You better double check all your wiring and maybe a com port change to see if that sorts the problem out

Fried TCU

I fried my tcu by jumpstarting or it could be battery charger. I have now sent both ECU and TCU for repairs. I alse purchased a new harness set for both computers. I am sad to say that for the second time my harnes was faulty dry joints on the firs one it was the pin from the crank pickup and now it is pin no 4 the earth wire making no connection to earth. This messed me up so much cause you just dont expect this but now that i found the problem the solution is at hand. I paid R 900 for the new harnesses.

Hi
Just looked at all my plugs and wires on both the Mercury and Venus, all test out ok, have you talked with Peet who does technical support, always quick to reply and right every time (lucky guy).
Which units are you using.

Alan