Spitronic maps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Sudsy

G'day all,
I have just finished fitting a Spitronics ECU and TCU in my 1UZ powered 37 chev. Have the car up and running and shifting ok. Just thought I should start a thread on the Spitronics maps as I haven't been able to find any apart from the couple that came with the units. I haven't dynode the motor but is running reasonable for the first go at tuning. Have kept the mixtures a bit on the fat side to be safe and am starting to get a grasp of how the system works tuning wise. I will put the maps up that I have working at the moment or email them if anyone wants to use them. The trans at the moment is just set up for normal driving at the moment but will start playing with some changes once I get the motor sorted a bit better. If anyone has some good tuning maps for a stock motor I wouldn't mind a look to compare what you have. Anyway that's all for now

I have two Spitronic ECUs here, one for a VVTi 1UZ with a manual gearbox and a M112 S/C, and the other is auto.
I got to the calibration stage with the VVTi motor then had to put it on the back burner to concentrate on another conversion.
I'll get back on it soon hopefully, but it's good to know someone else has done it and I can compare.:)

I haven't had a chance to fine tune properly yet but definitely better than the stocky and better on fuel. Will be using another in another project no problems

I've also have a spitronics in my 4wd.
Tuning is almost complete. I haven't dynoed my either but it runs very well minus the fuel consumption and cold start.

Will be finishing my fuel mapping tomorrow. I have struggle with support from spitronics but I have been happy with the ecu.

Cheers

I think it will be a tweaking curve for a little while as it is my daily but is going well and fuel economy is better than its been for a long time. Trans is shifting well. Just a couple of tweaks hear and there and it will be great.. I haven't tried for support from them at all. Just sorted it myself slowly. I find the manual lacking in explanations and the software confusing as to what actually does what when but the sample map works ok so if you stuff up just reload that and start again. A dedicated Spitronics forum would be a good thing for advice. Only thing I found was a 4x4 forum where it gets a mention

i have finished tuning the fuel maps on mine. I used a wideband sensor and got to it to where i like it. I havent really done too much on the fuel vacuum map or the sensor maps.

Will be doing a few full tank runs to see what kind of km's i get. At the moment im running 98 octane but it also runs fine on 95/e10.

Sudsy, what kind of km's have u been getting? and what fuel you running

As stated my cold start is still crap. I gotta drive it for a little before it wont stall but then its fine. I have ordered a serviceable iac (as mine was a closed unit) and will see if that makes a difference.

Im more than happy to share my maps and or talk about settings that i have or could change to make it better.
I will say im very happy with the way it drives now as it is better than its ever been.

cheers

Yes ive used a wideband as well. Have played with the maps a bit but too hard on your own in the car. Will wait till I have someone to drive the car and I can sit with the laptop and have a play.:):):)

Havent done a km check as such but I know im getting better than before. I use 98 mostly but runs fine on the lower grades. I had trouble with mine stalling and I richened it up a bit and semms good now. I can send you my current map if you want but like I said I haven't got it right yet though runs well and idles.

i am running around 15.5 - 16:1 on cruising speeds. I run around 12.5-13:1 on acceleration and everywhere else around 14:1. Idle is at around 13.5.

Im getting around 17l/100km at best on city driving. (alot of stop start). havent done any hwy testing yet. Its also in a toyota surf. When i was running my standard ecu i was also getting the same economy but i believe it drives better now.

I believe my cold start issue is due to the stepper motor not working. will test it as soon as my new one comes in.

Have you done any more tuning or consumption tests. Would be interested to know . I haven't touched mine due to work commitments but still running well but does need tweaking in a few place to make it better. may leave it till I make a set of extractors then tune it to suit.

Hey sudsy... sorry for the late reply i missed the notification.

Since then i have got the o2 sensors to work... i only have 5% control though as if i set it any higher is doesnt run smooth.

Im getting probably around the 17l/100 mark... maybe 16l/100. I have noticed though my driving style has very little impact on this.

The truck drives really very though, good power and driveability. im happy with the way it drives... i am hoping to get it to the 15l/100 mark though... im just out of ideas on how to achieve this.

I have one more mod i can do... which is run a more direct intake on it. at the moment it does run from the throttle body, around the back of the motor to the oppoiste side fender where is meets up with a snorkel. Im hoping if i swap the snorkel to the throttle body side with less bends i might achieve better economy also.

cheers

Have you done much tuning on the 'vacuum fuel map'?
I havent done much on this as i dont really understand it. Its pretty much left how it was on the base map they sent me.

As this is one map i dont understand i think it might make my consumption better...?

i was looking at the spitronics web page, i can not believe how cheap these units are, i have still got to do a fair amount of fabrication to get the engine in to my rx7 but i think when the time comes i will be having a spitronics set up for the engine and gearbox, what are the like to wire in?

Hi
Have both the ecu and tcu, will be fitting after I come back from down under, be gone for 2 months, not far from you in Leeds.

Alan

They are very easy to wire in and nice and compact. Unfortunately they don't supply inj plugs so you will have to cut and fit your own. Just pull the whole old loom off the motor and go for it. Make sure you order the 1UZ comp so the loom is correct. Only downside ivé found is the software leaves a lot to be desired in the explanation department. It's a shame they don't have a forum on their website for us experimenters to get more understandable info and tips

Hi All,
On the Spitronic, don't know how many here on the forum are running the ECU and TCU, I was thinking about the Lamba sensor, the 1UZFE has 4, I know 2 are after the cats so for this post I will only relate to the pre cat ones.
The Spitronic only has 1 sensor input so with 2 sensors one each manifold how would you wire up, just the one and hope both banks are running the same or can you wire 2 sensors in parallel ??.

Will send a email to Spitronics but waiting until I have gone through the box incase I have 2 or 3 questions.

Alan

Could ask Spitronic about a forum, sounds a good ide

Hi Alan, I have recently installed the Spitronics ECU and TCU on a 1996 1UZ.
I just used one of the Lexus O2 sensors in one the exhaust manifolds. Engine fires up and runs just fine.

Yes I've only used the one sensor also and no probs. If you're concerned about mixtures you could put in a changeover switch to switch from one side to the other to check on things as you go.
The only forum I found with any sort of info was a 4x4 forum in sth Africa. Was a bit of help but a dedicated forum would be good.