Spitronic maps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
im running one o2 sensor aswell... but in the collection before the cat.

i cant get better that around 17l/100km in fuel economy. Driveability is excellent though.

my lambda is set at 5%. if i run any higher it starts to get jerky.

i havent had mine dynoed so i cant tell you the power i have. i did have 135 atw on 31"tyres on stock ecu.

Cheers

Hi All
Sent a email to Spitronic about a forum (nothing back yet), Just got all the new engine bits i.e. water pump, timing belt and pulley set, new injectors and plugs, just need to weld up a new top manifold.
I am running twin turbo's and a dry sump, most of the work is done so was hoping to start fitting the ECU & TCU next.
I was thinking of going cop (Tundra COP's or LS 1 coils), that's the only thing to decide on before I can start fitting the ECU, will have to read the manual a few times before I start.

Alan

I did mention a forum or some dvd's of the training courses they have and they said they will be doing some you tube videos for their overseas customers. See what develops. The manual can be difficult to understand until you actually start playing with the program on the vehicle. Well that's what this dumbass thinks anyway :):):)

Hi Bob,
Just need to see what they do, some kind of feedback forum will help as well.
Starting to do the engine now I have the car back on it's 4 wheels,.

Alan

Hi All
Got a email from Ian @ Spitronics re forum, it is something they are thinking of doing but not at this moment due to a heave work load. I on the other hand have plenty of time so I might set up a forum on Spitronic. what do you think will it take off.

Alan

Hi
Yes I am on that, I was thinking of all the others ie 4X4 + other makes of engines as well as Lexus, there is enough info for a forum, it's not exoensive or hard to set one up.

Alan

Might need to start something on their facebook page about a forum and see how many are interested. Might get them motivated to get their product out there a bit more

Spitronics in New Zealand

Well after 4 years of thinking about this I have finally purchased and taken delivery of a Spitronics ECU to play with. Have big plans for this product.

Hey guyes,

What kind of timing is everyone running?

I'm set my air/fuel ratios to what I believe is good and safe (15 cruising, 12 on acceleration and around 13.5-14 on idle)

The truck runs really good and good power and imo runs better than it did with the stock ecu, but my fuel economy is crap... Getting around 19l/100kms

My peak timing hits 25deg (on the software) at around 4k rpm. If I up it any more it does start to ping. (Running 95 octane or e10. Running 98 I can run a couple of degrees higher)

Just wanting to see what others run to compare.

Cheers.

(I can post up a screen shot if anyone wants to see.)

I will happily run the timing out to 40btdc under some conditions. I normally have a base timing map with around 34max with an overlay under light throttle conditions adding around 6 degrees and a transient retard of up to -15 to ensure no momentary pinking. When setting it up just keep increasing the timing at a steady state until you stop seeing an increase in Torque and power. As the timing increases you should also see a leaning of the AFR. Timing is optimized at close to when the torque, power and mixture stop seeing changes. Under full load I generally find timing settings end up between 19 (close to stock) and 26. This figure varies a lot between different setups especially different exhausts. Restrictive headers reduce the scavanging effect and timing is reduced as a result.

Thanks for the info Glover man. As it's just been tuned on the street I have focused more on setting it up not to detonate on full load. I have not payed to much attention to my cruising or light throttle timing figures. I will see what I'm getting and up it to the numbers u said and see how it runs.

Will post up some results tomorrow.

I have mine set at about15 deg at idle then ramps up to 38 at about 2.5k and have no det probs with any fuel. AFR's are all between 14.3 - 14.8. Yet to check WOT as I am low on points lol

hey guys,

checked timing.

i was running 23deg at cruising and light throttle and then 17-19deg at full throttle.

I have now changed it to run 37-38 at cruising and light loads and kept it the same for wot.

not using any equipment to for det. what i was doing was if i heard it detonate i would not the timing back around 3degs.