Speedo wiring diagram - got any?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

edz

I've chopped ecu and ect harness down using Rod's (Zuffen) and Kdog's wiring diagrams/instructions. I'd like to have a go at getting the speedo connected.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams to help me wire the speedo back to the ect?

Also - the crown speedo has a reflective display with a 180 kmh speedo and a non reflective below with 300kmh. Does anyone have a pic of this lit up?

Anyone come across Crown Speedo wiring diagrams yet?

edz said:
I've chopped ecu and ect harness down using Rod's (Zuffen) and Kdog's wiring diagrams/instructions. I'd like to have a go at getting the speedo connected.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams to help me wire the speedo back to the ect?

Also - the crown speedo has a reflective display with a 180 kmh speedo and a non reflective below with 300kmh. Does anyone have a pic of this lit up?
Anyone come across Crown Speedo wiring diagrams yet or pics?

The speedo wiring just has 3 wires down at the speedo sensor.
1 of these wires is power, the other two just go straight to the pins on the back of the instrument cluster.

Crown Speedo

Peewee said:
The speedo wiring just has 3 wires down at the speedo sensor.
1 of these wires is power, the other two just go straight to the pins on the back of the instrument cluster.
Thanks Peewee. The gearbox end is easy, the problem is the speedo end, which wires power the display? Have included pics. I have written a fair few notes on what wire does what, but not able to work out speed/power side. Any ideas?
Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 48
All I can suggest is tracing the wires from the gearbox back to the plugs near the ecu, and then from those plugs up to the dash plugs.
Then you will know which pins do what.

ED,
If you want I can pick it up and have a play to work it out. The only wiring diagrams available would be in Japanese, but it may be enough. This is of course if you could locate some.

I did have one somewhere but I have no idea where it is now.

Crown Speedo wiring help

I'm still chasing any help to get my Crown Speedo wired to an aftermarket ecu or factory one if that's easier? (see photos above)

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1990 crown (seperate ECU and ECT)? Even Japanese is ok (I have Japanese students who can interpret it). I'd be happy to post it if someone can supply it?

Eddy :hypnotized:

send it too me and i will label all wires on the back for you

i have my own drawn up diagrams

sorry not for sale

what do u want done

just the speedo wires labelled

or the whole crown 1uz engine and auto ecu wired up

Crown speedo wiring - update

Sorry for the slow response Sideshow, I was away on holidays. Sorry for mess of the previous post, I tried to edit the last post, but it expires after 30 mins (I'll ask the admin to delete it).

I checked the colours as there were a few discrepencies in my notes and have attached a pic, hope you can shed some light on it as it would be very cool to wire it in as a speedo. Cheers Edz

Crown speedo wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow

sorry not for sale

Sounds good sideshow, how much will it cost me?
Cheers
Ed

Wiring quote - Bump!

Cheers
Ed[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow

sorry not for sale

Cheers
Ed