Project Thread Some videos of the T88 soarer on the Dyno.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
We are useing the 17cm housing but we also have the 22cm housing which we will use once we build the engine.
The boost startes as soon as you take your foot off the clutch.no bullshit!
I think full boost is around 4200rpm?

The next step is taking it to the drags next week.
We have just purchased a set of M/T 275/6

That's impressive, I thought you would get it way higher up the rpm band, but it might be because of the great setup you have there. I'm looking forward to seeing your drag results.

Sorry for that post my wireless keyboard ran out of power.
They are the MT 275/60/15's.

The plan is to go out next wednesday. Just to play around a bit
We think we found out why the power wasnt going up for the amount of boost we tried useing.It looks as if the valve springs are too soft and the pressure is pushing the valves open. another reason we are going to have to get the motor rebuilt.

When we do get to go to the track we hope that the first night out it makes a 12 second pass.
We are looking into getting the gearbox rebuilt and maybe strengthend.
I'm also wanting to get an OS Giken tripple plate clutch for the car too.

We might wind the boost back down to 10psi(minumum wastegate pressure) for the first time at the track just so we can check erverything.

I'll let everyone know for sure when we are going out.

Cheers

Ben

Yeah, you guys have removed the usual peak hp rpm choke ie, the long stock runners; so should provide peak hp around 6500ish?

I run 17psi and haven't experienced valve float yet but add a few more rpm and i guess i might.

It's looking very impressive.

Have you checked the spring pressure on these motors ??
Sheesh ! For a pushrod guy, they are very soft.. From memory something like 55 / 100 Lb.. The psi on valve would be over 1 square inch. So at 15Lb boost against spring certainly reduces efficiancy..
Yes the valve train is much lighter... Just out of interest my pushrod roller cam is 135Lb seat and 350 Lb at .555 lift. One big valve and rockers and pushrods add to weight...Doubling 4 valve [spring pressure] 110 / 200 Lb sounds better....

Be carefull with 80lb+ springs or more aggresive cams on std buckets. We found the aluminium bucket collapses under the shim when running 7500/8000.
N/A can run 8000 rpm on std springs and cams with no valve float. 80lb springs will run in excess of 10,000 rpm.

Be careful with 80lb+ springs or more aggressive cams on std buckets. We found the aluminium bucket collapses under the shim when running 7500/8000.
N/A can run 8000 rpm on std springs and cams with no valve float. 80lb springs will run in excess of 10,000 rpm.

According to Kelford cams.. With there billet cams with wider base circle [compared to re-ground]
175 is o/k...I guess valve bounce can be just as hard on buckets also ???
With these specs..
264 / 264 - 224 / 224 9.57mm 9.57mm 108 / 114

We have been talking with Eric from TTC performance and will be getting the heads built in the states, with custom spec cams.
We will be looking at 280deg with 12.2mm of lift we as the standard cams are 180 deg 7.65/7.75.
Yes the rest of the heads will be built to handle the revs and the cams.

Cheers

What you are waiting for to rebuild that engine. Go for it and show us some good numbers ……..

Very nice setup..