some people just dont get it LOL, i was just having a stir

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deankdx

Originally Posted by deankdx
Toyota 1UZ is

what is the point a small v8 pushing a large car, how many litre is that motor a crossflow probly has more power!! dont get me wrong they are good motors just the power to weight ratio and arent very touqie motors are they, when i mean the crossflow having more power i mean torque thats what u need when pushing a heavy car around. what do you do down the quater in that thing? whats wrong with the old 302 thats what i have in mine and see pulls late 13s low 14s

FROM another forum i play on,
crossflow motor in reference is 4.1L inline 6 pushrod engine, i also have a dialy driver that has a tickled one with High comp and Dedicated gas set up about to be completed. the reason for this guys response is I said my ford is possibly "riced up with the Toyota 1UZ"
the 302 mentioned would be a fair way from stock if getting those times, not to mention fuel economy. i'll wait till mines going again befor having another dig, when i quote 1/4 mile and economy, and how cheap a motor is IF i manage to kill it.

funny how people assume the 1UZ has no torque, when my Ute had the 2.92 diff it still accelerated as quick as a good crossflow 6 from a standstill, then roared into life at around 3000rpm(guessing as tach wasnt working then) and even still, sat on 100Kmh at probably 1700rpm with this diff, wasnt ideal and i reckon that it felt more economical when i fitted the 3.45 diff

i'm sure everyone here has had similar encounters with people that dont understand
Dean

Hi Dean,
Ive had a few similar comments. I think its just the Aussie way, ie the tall poppy syndrome, anything that sticks out from the ordinary bash it up untill it conforms and falls into line. Most bent pushrod v8 heads dont understand that you can have power, economy and smoothness all in the one package. Remember revenge is best served cold. It wont go down well when you rip off a flat 14 and then drive home and get 25MPG and not be shaking your fenders off at the traffic lights. Keep up the good work and soldier on, yoou wont regret it.