Seller Feedback Some body to watch out for

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Guts

This guy has a rear sump on ebay which he wants to swap for a mid sump. I tried emailing him to say I was happy with doing this and here are all the emails that were sent back and forth which I think will say it all. Now by all means if you think I was out of line at all here please tell me so and don`t be scared to do so, thanks. But if everybody does agree with me that this guy is a tool then I think nobody should take him up on his offer no matter how badly you want/need a rear sump.

Anyway here are the emails all of which were this arvo.

me.

I have mid mount crown sump and am after a rear mount sump. I am willing to swap after sending pics etc to each other to conferm what we have. We would each have a postage cost to pay. email me at bla bla bla

him

Yes. My thoughts exactly. Here is a link to pics of my exact sump. Mine is in a Land Cruiser so... too hard to photograph. I can't fit the front drive shaft with my current sump. As I have a 100% rating, I need your sump to arrive first. You must know from my rating, I'll return it with postage cost or send the soarer sump. There is only one "rear type, Soarer sump". http://www.planetsoarer.com/V8Exhaust/V8Exhaust.htm

me

There are some pics of my sump and hilux in here
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1354&page=2 you`ll have to
join the BB but since its all about 1uzfe`s I think you`ll find it most
useful or are you already a member? If so what is your name on there? Mine
is Guts.

I have a hilux with high cross over steering and have moved my front diff
forward 40mm so the mid sump just doesn`t work for me. I think the rear sump
will have tail shaft clearance issues but will be any easy fix for me to do.

I don`t have a problem with sending first but am unable to do this until I
get the hilux back from my mates house. It is there as he is wiring the
motor up for me and I want to run the motor a few times with the new oil
that is in it before dropping it out and removing the sump. I don`t know
when he will have it done as he is a busy man and is only doing it after
hours as a love job, I`m hoping it will only be a couple of weeks, but can
not say 100% when it will be.

Hope you understand all that and are happy with that? Just letting you know
so there is no confusion on mailing time/dates.

him

OK, well, I have my 2.5 tonne cruiser running 25 MPG, so it's a 40 minute swap for the
sumps. Then I can install my front drive shaft and 4x4 around Aus. I'm looking at a
Tuesday post for this swap, or I purchase a bench-build motor on Tuesday that I take
the sump off. Let me know!!

me

If you wait a week or 2 it will save you the cost of buying another motor. I
can get it tomorrow if there is no choice but I have no hope of posting it
Tuesday or any day this week as I am just to busy at work and am doing 12hr
days this week to try and make up for the 2 public holidays this weekend.

him

If you do bother to go and pull the sump, aluminium sump casting and oil pickup, then
make sure you put a plastic bag over it and tape it all up. These engines are worth any
effort!!

me

didn`t get time to send another email back before this one also came

him

Hopefully someone who does stuff asap will take the auction. My ph is .
My name is. If you need this sump, Do IT. and call me

me

Like I said my work hours will not this week let me get to a post office
while it is open if this isn`t good enough for you then stiff.

him

Well the auction is open. I'll let you know.

him

Anyway, I will most likely have the sump you need in a couple of weeks. Just wait 3
months for my trip then I can post it.
Thanks again

him

I could send a courier to your work. I CAN. I need the sump, if you also need the sump
I suggest you do other than post pics and wish stuff. I need the sump for a vehicle. Get
it?

me

Mate first off my rig isn`t here, it is at a mates place about 1/2hr away.
Secondly my work load this week will not allow me time to post it.
Thirdly the way you are so demanding of my to do this deal with you NOW!!!!!! I don`t know how you got a 100% rating.
Fourtly since you do not seem to want to find a happy medium on when I can/should post my sump to you I think I`ll just stick to paying $600 for a custom built one from castlemain rod shop that is not only stronger then the factory one but I also will not have to modify at all.

We went for dinner at the inlaws had these emails when I got home.

him

LOL. 100% is easy, Just don't stuff about
Happy medium with weeks involved? Do you actually do stuff? I just need a sump. It's
not a project joe.
seeya
Haha

You know what thought did don't you! Thought he did. 100% for effort and satisfaction.
My 1uz is on the road. There are thousands of dreamers in your boat fool! enjoy the
wiring

In 12 months when ya askin' ppl to do silly jobs on ya dream rig, rmember who said
it. "You're a 1UZ dreamer". You'll never feel the pull of the crank, just the pull of the
idea. Suck eggs, the motor doesn't disappoint

I just sent a email back, but I started to sound like him by trying to make myself out as better then him so I just stopped typing and didn`t even bother deleting anything as I wasn`t even going to waste that time on him

Here is my email, as I said I don`t like it but just couldn`t be bothered.

me

You are must be one of these people that think you are better then everybody else and that everybody else should drop everything they are doing just to do what you want.
Your action still has 5 days to go, then if somebody happens to see it and take you up on the offer, then by the time they send it to you it will be at about 8 days before you get it. Which is about what it would have been from me if you were prepaired to come to a doable agree ment. I have a funny fealing you will be either buying a complete motor to get a sump costing you heeps of money or still waiting in weeks to come and traveling in 2wd only.

By the way mate I am not a dreamer. My hilux is more modified then most people will ever dream about doing to their car or 4x4 and is well know because of 4x4 comps I have done and the times it has been featured in 4x4 mags.
Oh stuff this, I could go on and on about it for hours and even list everything I have done to it which would mean nothing to your dumb arse so I am not going to bother wasting my time on you.

See ya

I will post up anymore I get from him.

I think you were right, you tried to help him out and that wasnt good enough...what an idiot!

I reakon you were right, but sometimes things come accross different in emails so things might have been taken the wrong way ,he does sound like a self absorbed tool though...

Guts,
you're right, the guy was a complete prat. However, as Hi-lex says, it is often very hard to get your message across via email. I try to use the phone to establish initial contact with buyers, its usually far easier to pick a dipstick over the phone...

Muzz

Ya I thought about ringing him when he sent his number, but then I thought I`m allready starting to think you are a total tool so why bother. I don`t think it is that hard to explain things via email, you might not get tones of vioces but you can still make senseable communications with people.

It surprises me that some people think like him.... anyone who has tradded or bought a car or anything for that matter knows there is a trust involved and you've got to be prepared for the loss.

To think that a straight swap of parts can't be worked out is sad.. on his behalf. he's a tool.

I only wish you'd posted his item number so we could all email really vague stupid questions. That would be fun.

Nath

I would have to totally agree with you Guts, the tool in question was completely out of line in his demands... even from the begining with his holier than thou attitude about his 100% rating (does ebay have asshole ratings, cuz thats the only 100% about him).