Some Basic GZ-FE Swap/Install Questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey,

I measured the correct pulley it's 5"/127mm, this was with my eye, as I couldn't find my micrometer, if you want that measurement, I'll have to look for my micrometer another day and get you a more precise measurement.

I measured the pulley right under the thermostat water neck.

My engine is trapped against a wall and it was hard to get a great look at the function of the pulley I was measuring, so let me know if that's the correct pulley you wanted measured. Rereading your request, I have a suspicion that you wanted the pulley furthermost to the right, in between the a/c pump and right hand valve cover? If so, let me know.

1gzmeasure1.jpg

Thanks gte, I have a water pump pulley I can use but I think the hydro one is smaller, so when I know measurements I will work out where to set it up as an idler.

That's correct, 1 turbocharged and 1 ITB :)

I'll measure that other one, and try for tomorrow.

Thanks gte, it is the pulley above the A/C I am missing, no need for micrometer, within a mm. will be fine.

You're doing one NA and one FI did you post?

Crambo, eyeing it up with a measuring tape, I got 140mm on the outter most part of the pulley. The ribbed part of course is a bit smaller and I'd have to mic that.

Coincidentally, the a/c pump pulley was the same OD

Thanks gte, it is the pulley above the A/C I am missing, no need for micrometer, within a mm. will be fine.

You're doing one NA and one FI did you post?

What exactly do you mean, for the n/a application?

I have no idea actually, there are companys that make ITB specific applications, and I'd love to use a straight ITB setup for my n/a motor.

How about you?

That's great, gte, that info helps me out.
Do you know what TBs you are going to get 12 of?
Hmmm, this is turning into a technical thread:)

It'll be interesting to follow you fitting the ITB's into the Vee of this motor. 60 degree DOHC Vee's are a tight fit.

In one of Ludvigsen's books he alludes to this as just one of the reasons Ferrari went to the oddball angle of 65 degrees for their V12's - the Webers of the day simply wouldn't fit in the tighter 60 degree configuration.

Very short on hood space so unlikely to go vertical however there is a manufacturer in my state (EFI Hardware) that make a throttle plate, usually pairs, 1/2" thick for tight spots.
They could make me 4 sets being 3 per shaft. Because changes in temp will effect the length of the shaft they don't recommend more without a joint.

The way could be to use the stock valley manifold with a fabbed up manifold of 90deg bends taking the throttles horizontal over the cam covers, just like cribbj's pic he put up on the other thread :)

I believe they are 276hp/350tq. It is a great deal on the motor, you'll be a long time finding a good deal on a Supra shell, you might as well choose a motor for it and start building it now.

I'm sure the CL was a scam.

I was inclined to think that at first but scammers usually don't include local phone numbers in their posting. Plus I was able to verify the city using his name and phone number. Just odd, but you're right, scammers are always coming up with new ways to fool you.

Google voice (and services like it) can very easily do exactly what you are describing, for free.

A local number that redirects to another number, possibly even overseas.

I was inclined to think that at first but scammers usually don't include local phone numbers in their posting. Plus I was able to verify the city using his name and phone number. Just odd, but you're right, scammers are always coming up with new ways to fool you.

Google voice (and services like it) can very easily do exactly what you are describing, for free.

A local number that redirects to another number, possibly even overseas.

Interesting. Never would have thought about that!

He couldn't have been very good at scamming, seeing he never got back to me! I'll just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

If you guys are interested there is a New Zealander has started a 1GZ twin turbo into a little old celica, pushing it about 5" into the cabin!!!

Fortunately in NZ there seems to be little restrictions to do anything, in Aus there is lots of rules, not the least being anti pollution requirements.

I didn't say you don't have rules there, what I meant is exactly what you just wrote, "adhere to the rules and you can pretty much build what - ever you want".

No in Aus, you are not allowed to put a V12 jag in a mini or make it RWD and get normal road registration.
Just as I can't turbo or supercharge my project in any state of Aus.

Under ICV (individually constructed vehicle) system (in Aus) you may be able to build pretty much what ever you want but the cost of tests for approval are huge, then you would be severely reamed by the EPA with tests that a brand new car would likely fail.