Snow chains on 19's ????????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

Hi all, finally got accepted to a Colorado state and just moved to snowy area. i previously lived in wonderful southern California and now I fear my 19's will not accommodate chains. I worry because I have 233-35/19 and they are skinny at 1.5-2'' max tire height and didn't want the chains scratching the hell out of my rim lip.

Second, I don't know if manufacturers even make chains for uch low profile tires. Anyone know? anyone need chains for winter time and have given this some thought?

Any help appreciated, here's a pic of the car. Gotta love my 1.5 MP camera phone:slaphappy:

img025.jpg
img046.jpg

i've yet to drive my Lexus in the winter but my acura and BMW i put winter rims on it, they dont look pretty but they can take a beating and you dont want low profile winter tires anyways. btw for the winter (i live in good ol' snowy canada) i have X Ice by Michelin on the acura and Winter 210 SnowSport by pirelli on the BM im thinking ill do the X Ice for the lex too, but im still on summers.

and snowchains you cant really highway drive on them so you're still living dangerously on not winters when you highway drive

all season tires are miserable to be honest (personal experience) go with snow tires. It'll be expensive but at least that way you wont die

Thanks for the tips of all season. I decided to buy a set of 1995 LS stockers and i'm 95% they should clear my TT calipers. My car won't be taking the brunt of the winter fronts out here but It would be nice to still be able to drive 2hrs in snowy conditions to Denver.