Smaller starter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I've never seen a smaller starter that fits but I had the same problem with an early version of my supercharged engine.

I ended up hanging the starter under the motor. I needed to modify the sump a little but if you roll the starter on its side you can retain ground clearance.

I was also thinking of that but I dont have room there with the sump.
I found a honda starter that I can modify together with modifying the block I might make it to fit. It's a difficult job but I think it will fit in the end.
However the starter is only 1.0 or 1.2 kW. I hope it's powerful enough but it should be....

I was also thinking of this to give the blower some room... started looking at outboard motor starters, they seem to be "inline" rather then a solenoid on the side

the other option was a belt starter, perhaps modify the factory alternator (high current 3 phase motor drivers are cheap for RC planes) and then have it switch back to charging once the motor is started... need a spare 1uz to play with i think!!!

yes I also thought of the starter on the bellhouse but this required a lot of fabrication and also modify the tunnel a bit. I hardly have any room in the car / around the engine. The stock position is perfect for me, except I need a smaller unit.
I am now trying to fab a small honda starter on. If it works out I will let you guys know!

See if you can find a local shop that can rebuild the honda one and give it a bit more kick. I had my 1UZ alternator rebuilt for $200 by a local shop so that it puts out around 90 amps at idle peeks at 185 amps by the time it gets to 2000 rpm. He rebuilt a stock 1960's starter for a friend of mine to use on his 1600HP rail dragster so I am guessing he was able to boost its torque a bit.

played a little bit more with the honda starter. Machined the stock starter hole to accept the honda starter. My mockup now looks like this:
9418-4B55-84B4-1FE8A00CFDA1-10886-0000088045904FF8.jpg

Now I need to know the stock starter flange dimensions. Anyone have these? I found this picture but it's not really well readable:

str_lxgx03v8_osgr.jpg