Single Turbo SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
This is no mean by saying its done and its no mean by saying its the best design. Once again, this is an entry level for an average SC400 owner. This system would work best with ceramic coated pipes along with a ball bearing turbo like the GT30R or GT35R.

The down pipe and WG still need some work. However, I am still not sure if this will fit into a SC400 or not because of the cross member. We need to install it in order to find out. I will be putting some V Bands along with one or two hangers.

Do you noticed the header is one piece instead of two pieces? This header was designed with the intension of minimum of maintainence. This header will be install from the bottom with special bolts for the headers. This log style header is not the best design but its workable header for street application. If we have room then we can make alot better design.

Single_Turbo_SC400%20001.jpg
Single_Turbo_SC400%20002.jpg
Single_Turbo_SC400%20004.jpg
Single_Turbo_SC400%20005.jpg
Single_Turbo_SC400%20006.jpg
Single_Turbo_SC400%20007.jpg
Single_Turbo_SC400%20018.jpg

More pictures in this folder: http://lextreme.com/SCT

I would say it's efficient enough to have fun with the factory big boys on the streets. All smooth pipes point to 1 direction that's within a bigger pipe. That's not easy to beat. It's just that it's a little bit longer than a normal manifold. If we can actually have 1 manifold from each side and stay as close to the engine as possible, then that's the best. I'll see how mine will be...LOL.

Why does this system only support 400-500 rwhp ?...what is making it so limited ???

If we can actually have 1 manifold from each side and stay as close to the engine as possible, then that's the best.
...are you saying "twin turbo headers" together with a single turbo is "best" ?

thx!

Why does this system only support 400-500 rwhp ?...what is making it so limited ???

...are you saying "twin turbo headers" together with a single turbo is "best" ?

thx!
It's because 4-1 header design limits the capacity of the flow. From each side, when there's too much pressure and the small unequal 4 runners try to push to the main pipe, it'll create a turbulence which slows down the flow. This causes the resistance of the flow to allow faster speed and more pressure handling. That's why equal 4-1 design from each bank will be better and allow the maximum flow capacity. Let's say "how about +1000 hp"? David has run this unequal set up before and he knows. However, he made around 380 rwhp equalling to 450 crank hp. He could even push it a little harder, but not tried it yet.