Single Turbo LS400 Dyno

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Gang,

After more butt tunings I finall got my LS400T dyno again. I went to a local Dynoject facility called Dynamic Racing Solutions (DRS).

The dynos were very consistant. The RWHP for all three dynos were about 370 and RWTQ was about 390. The car ran 3 runs on 14.7 psi and last run we up to 1.20 bar. At 1.20 bar we got 399.1 rwhp and 402 rwtq.

For 1 bar dyno, I should get little more with SS header (right header). I think the stock passenger side header is very restricted and the limitation is where is it. I strongly believe with a high flow header, this car should see 400 rwhp.

As for AFR, its quite good. It is pretty flatline from idle to 4,000 rpm (12.5) and take a dip into mid 11 and come back to about mid 13 at about 6,500 rpm. With little leaning out at around 4,000 to 5,200 and rich it out slightly at redline area should give me little better AFR.

I am very confident hitting 400 rwhp with header and little more tuning. All in all, I am pretty happy with the results. The dynos were very consistant and the engine was very smooth from idle to redline.

14.7 psi & 18 psi Dyno (pdf)

wow Mid 13's?

How is the timing looking? Must be pulling back thats pritty lean.

Otherwise that is some kick ass numbers! got a dyno sheet?

Shoulda ran 1.21 bar of boost. :)
Good job D! Sounds like that header would help you out. Add that smidge of fuel & go back after the next round of mods!

Attachments

• route.JPG
    route.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 11
If I loose 25% drivetrain lost then its about 460 bhp for a 4 doors with child seats. I never take them out, even when I drag...lol.

very nice numbers! yeah get that tune a little closer to stoich, get a new header, and you should be able to pull some better numbers easy.

I dont think the drivetrain works by percentage still when you up the power. The drivetrain will take a certain amount of power away, but not more when you get more power from the motor. I dunno, im no expert.

Good numbers again man! get that tune and that header, then take it to they dyno and the strip for sure!

Today I took my car back to DRS for more dyno tune. Initially we had some problem riching the system because the piggyback was reading different pressure due to vacuum signal differences. We are changing the wrong cell. Finally got the hang of it we roughly alter the fuel system and got it down to 12.2 to 12.4 or so. Since we rich the system we also lost about 20 rwhp and similar lost in torque. However, the rwhp was record on the 29th pull. The heat play a major roll in this. Secondly, i also lost my radiator fans. We were dynoing all day today without the radiator fans. Thirdly, the tech forgot to turn off traction control button. Heat soak played a major part.

Initially the car made about 380 rwhp with almost 400 rwtq at 1 bar. As the system heat up, lost of radiator fans and traction control, we finally end up 20 rwhp net. The car runs very very good now. No smoke and very smooth acceleration from 2,000 to 6,600 rpm.

We made 29 pulls within 1.2 hours and the car still running awesome.....

David did you get high from the gas smell?? Becuase when I got home my head was still spining from all that gas I sniff in at the dyno. I can't believe we made 29 pulls and the motor keep on taking it soo well. Plus 2 of your fan died at the worse time lol. It was fun and we made great improvement on the car. I was glad to be there to help and learned.
Also on an off topic note, David and I is trying to set up a LEXTREME Dyno Day at DRS. So for those of you guys who live in SoCal please check out our Hang Out Section and sign up. If we can get atleast 15 people it will be only 50 bucks a vehicle. Plus, we will have food and drinks. So it will be fun too.