Project Thread Single T70 Sc400 5spd

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
thanks bro yea everything is fine the only thing i removed was the lines that belonged to the stock tranny, got those out of the way, and everything seems to be doing great, the fan shroud we modded to have some more clearance for the big a** down pipe :biggrin:

Can't wait to have it up and running again? :p On a side note, make sure you'll have an oil restrictor to the turbo, or you'll blow its seal. It's happening to me now.

Yea the flange with the pin size hole for the oil, i got it :D.. say steve how much boost do you think the stock head gaskets will handle properly tuned A/F mixture wise with an AFPR and SAFC, I dont wanna break it lol

If your engine is completely stock and somewhat over 100K miles, I'd think it's safe to stay under 14 psi. But over 11 psi will require retarding of the timing. The SAFC can't retard the timing, so you should stay under 12 psi. Better be safe than sorry. :)

12psi!:D wow sweeet! sounds like a hell of alot of fun :rolleyes: lol.. I thought I would have to settle for 8 maybe 10 psi, and my engine has very low miles, what can I use to retard the ignition anyways? oh and the stock head bolts stretch at higher PSI and allow the pressure of the chamber to blow out the stock head gasket right? i meen is that why people use ARP studs?

The oil restrictor is because Garrett bearings can get damaged above 60psi correct?
Many turbo guys don't recommend having more than 35 psi of oil pressure to the turbo. I'd say to any turbo. This 1UZFE engine can create 110 psi of oil pressure at idle. Quite a bit scary.

Carlos,
The early stock 92 1UZFE has beefy rods and it's known to handle 17 psi of boost for years. However, the key is those owners retard the timing. You can look into the next level of piggyback ECU that can retard the timing such as Greddy Ultimate, Map ECU II...etc. But wiring those upper level ECU can be a bit more complicated than the basic SAFC. I heard that a 4 banger Honda AEM EMS can be used on this V8 because the injectors fire in a batch of 2, so basically you only need to control 4 injectors. A used Honda AEM EMS can be had for $500. But do more research on this, or talk to your tuner.

If you pass 11 psi of boost, the Lexus auto tranny or 5 speed Supra will break for sure. So this is the point where things start to break without preparation. :p

Hey I thought that those v8 transmissions (autos) can take upwards of 650kw, or was that hp ? either way, I hear they are fairly well built proof, .. or am I wrong ?
Mine broke broke right after passing 370 rwtq. I knew 3 more people had theirs broken around that, too. I believe the stock tranny is only good for NA and it'll last for a long time.

Steve 17 psi! :eek: your getting me excited here man i cant wait to hear what the 1uz sounds under mad boost.. so you suggest i keep it at maybe 10-12psi with the SAFC and once i get an AEM F/Ic i can retard the ignition and go up to 17psi? on stock head gaskets?.. bro your getting me hyped up im stoked, im going to try and dump in alot of work on the downpipe, and turbo lube lines this weekend i wanna hear what it sounds like through 3.5" tubing

Hey I thought that those v8 transmissions (autos) can take upwards of 650kw, or was that hp ? either way, I hear they are fairly well built proof, .. or am I wrong ?
...we made 477rwhp & 630 ft/lbs on a STOCK GS300 (Aristo) TT automatic transmission...you might want to try that, before getting a built automatic....

Ok, so the general rule of thumb is that if the auto is in good condition, it should be fine for around 500-600hp unless your drag racing or generally beating the crap out of it daily.
I wish that's the case. It'll break within a very short time, I'd say a couple of weeks, or after a few hard runs after the car makes 500 hp.

If we talk about the BHP, then above 450 hp plus is asking for breakage. But if we talk about RWHP, then about 330 hp is the line to still be safe. This limit line is for the stock tranny with a hi-performance built torque converter. I don't think the stock torque converter can hold up that much. So I can't really tell what's the limit on a complete 100% stock tranny; the limit could be less. If the torque converter breaks, it'll break the complete tranny, too. That's what I heard.

A big tranny cooler may help somewhat, but not by much. I think an affordable way to save the stock tranny is having a built torque converter (I use Lextreme tq and it's good so far), and a modified valvebody with a shift kit. The shift kit will push more oil to the gears, reduce clutch drag and clutch burn, and the most important thing is quicker acceleration.

Hey guys I haven't had time to spare lately the project is rolling very slow but school ends soon so it should take off again soon.. Since the last update we made the 3.5" downpipe from hotside to the right side of the engine and were using v band clamps along the way.. I saw a notchback mustang 5.0 with a t67 and a 3.5" exhaust Nd it just sounded straight up beast I can't wait to hear this 1uz

hi,

well i dont think the auto's are billetproof
Its not the hp or kwrw you need to worry about, its the torque that will kill a box, i know, it has happen to me.
we where only doing 250kwrw with over 900nm on a safe tune when i did my box in?
that was a fresh built auto done as a stage2 with a 3200 stallie, an the auto shop said it was good for 900hp?
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

I agree. Torque is what kills the tranny. Many people just mention about how many hp a tranny can take, but they seem to use the wrong term. It should be the torque.

Today I bought an Apexi NEO to tune the car!!!! :woot: so now i can wire it and put the interior together! I also Machined an adapter disc to line up and weld both the ford and lexus driveshafts! this thing is coming together well!! and plans for the exhaust is 3.5" from the turbine to about right before the rear end were it will split into two 2.25" pipes into N1 style Mufflers..:D:D