Project Thread Single T70 Sc400 5spd

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CarlosR347

Hey Guys Im Building a 92 SC400 with a t70 and a t45 out of a mustang So far I have both the engine and tranny in the car.. Ive had this car since freshman year in highschool i am now a Junior so I havent had much time to work on it these past two years.. but here are some recent build pics hope you like it:D

CIMG0756.jpg
CIMG0754.jpg
CIMG0749.jpg
img157.jpg

Welcome to this forum, Carlos. I'm on this forum more than on Clublexus. I'm a little disappointed that no one has come to your thread. Come one, guys! Where are you all? :D

Must have missed this thread between the holidays. That's a wild looking setup. At the angle the photos were taken, the turbo looks to be about half again the size of the motor!

Nice fabricating on that tranny adapter. They sure didn't teach us stuff like that when I took metal shop in high school.

Attachments

• 1uzfe + transfer case 01.jpg
    1uzfe + transfer case 01.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 237
I also missed this. My apologies.

Carlos, welcome to Lextreme. I hope our slow welcome will not prevent your participation. To have done the work you have so far at your age is very impressive.

Have you made anymore progress?

Hey Guys lol I thought noone had much instrest in the build so i stopped coming back to it :p and yes I have made more progress The engines in the car with the tranny aswell.. Im trying to get it to fire before I continue fabricating the downpipe ect..

img160.jpg

heres a follow up of the build
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...0-single-t70-turbo-and-5speed-conversion.html

I have the upper intake and valve covers painted in Red and lower intake in flat white, all my pulleys are black, just have to figure out a way to upload the pictures off my iphone.. I also have the door panels installed

The only thing holding me back right now is Im getting no fire out of my coils (theyre good coils)

and thanks for replying guys i had really lost hope =P

Have you tried to test the coils' resistance? I currently don't have the repair manual installed on this computer, so I can't tell the working spec of the coil. Hopefully someone still has the manual to help you out.

I see a great future in car modding if you want it. Lots of experience and ability at a young age. Tough industry but can be rewarding.

Wish I had a good tip of the ignition. I take it all the basics test out?

Very nice man. It's good that you're not scared to think outside the box at your age. What kinda clutch is that you're using? Is the whole assembly mounted to the stock flywheel? Oh, and you may want to look into fabing a small heat sheild to go between oil filter and exhaust. It would suck to cook you oil!

oh and as far as starting the engine goes.... make sure you have good grounds. battery to chasis, chasis to engine, engine to battery. That simple thing will cause major problems with firing!

:veryhappy: got it Running guys! This car has never made me so happy:p.. My dad was at the throttle and it back fired scared the hell out of him making me lol.. the transmission was in neutral the mid drive shaft isnt connected seems like my cross breeding worked as far as the coupling of the flywheel/clutch/transmission worked :D Today we installed the AC compressor and stuff, the front end is off to make room for the intercooler and piping :..
cant wait to get behind the wheel of this thing! .. This thing was loud I didnt know the neighborhood had so many dogs it had them barking for a good half hour lol.. gotta find an apexi SAFC now.. Oh btw the Flywheel is a Fidanza flywheel we modded to bolt up to the 1uz and the clutch is an ACT race clutch rated for about upto 600ft/lbs TQ and the disc belongs to a 1966 for falcon or mustang only one i found with 10 tooth spline and the right diameter.. original flex plate was not used

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/Carlosr428/?action=view&current=startup.flv

I havent heard much about the t-45 I figured if it came stock in the mustang 4.6 it should handle the 1UZ being that the 4.6 has 25ft/lbs more torque and I can find them left and right around here, I can also install a mustang short shifter idk it just seemed like a good choice, if it turns out weak i might be able to buy a rebuild kit with stronger gears and beef it up.. well when i have the money Ill most likely swap in a T-56 but Ill try to take care of this one for now :D no launches off the hole.. instead ill roll it from 60 :cool: lol

Nice video carlos.. Wish it was longer. Thanks for clearing up my question about the clutch. Let me know how the t70 works for you. I'm very close to purchasing one if it turns out well.

What is the wall thickness on the exhaust pipe that supports your turbo?

Currently doing somthing similar and thinking of trying 3 or 4mm and wondering if it will be thick enough, or do you go 5 or 6mm for strength?

By similar I mean turbo, but my turbo, well, I am running a GT3540, not the giant jet engine thing you have hanging off your motor (jealous)

Should be an absolute animal when you get it running with that big sucker.

Here are the most up to date pics of the car guys, we re angled the turbo and you can see on one of the pics the clearance between hood and the compressor,were also working on a 3.5" down pipe, I just purchased a 60mm waste gate thing looks like a small 2stroke engine lol.. more updates soon guys sorry bout the delay

ad2cebea.jpg
09166a09.jpg
54456cc3.jpg
1e02e070.jpg