SILV 2005 -Supras

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

elhsupra

Well, I leave out tomorrow for Las Vegas for the annual "Supras Invade Las Vegas" event. I think I will be the only 1UZ there.
Plan to sweep the competition in the all motor class at the dyno. Hopefully I won't upset to many people and get eliminated from competition just because I have 2 extra cylinders :).
Also plan to run at the track. Might have a chance to go up against some 7MGTE supras and maybe a 1JZGTE swap. Should befun. I will be off the forum starting tomorrow morning until I get back. Wish me luck

Wow, what a long drive. Just got back about an hour ago. Definantly alot of fun. And think I represented the 1UZ pretty well.
Took home the "Highest Horsepower Naturally Aspirated" Dyno Award for MkII Supras. (225whp/235ftlb) Next highest NA motor was a MkIII that put down 160whp.
Also ran a 14.32 @ 97.07 which was pretty good considering the heat and the altitude at Vegas is over 2200ft. I ran better than several of the 7MGTE Supras(MkIII). I even beat one MkIV with a 2JZGTE for the first 60ft till he blasted past me with a 9.74 @ 145.81mph.
The 1UZ definantly drew alot of attention. Even had someone from Turbo magazine take a couple of pics of it for the article they plan to do on SILV.

mk2 supra!

good to see another mk2 supra that has been powered by a 1uz!!
mine is also a mk2 with the 1uz in it, good fit lovely power and so much more reliable than the old 5mge's and 7ms i think those motors should be used as boat anchors!
keep up the good work!
ewan
home of the supacharged lexus powered mk2 supra

I may be Going to Vegas in the next day or so to meet a freind, where and when is the meet and are there any lexo's around. I want to get blown away in my sc400 by a turbo'd supra. Since alot of the parts on my car are from a supra will my scsupra qualify, hehe

Thanks supracharged1, I definantly enjoy the torque over the old 5M. Hope to someday down the road put a supercharger on similar to your setup, but a little smaller:).
jibby, it was on Oct 13-15 (vegas.supras.org). Official dates for next year havn't been released yet, but should be about the same time next year.
The next large supra meet is TX2K6 here in Texas, probably Mar 16-19. Gotta start prepping now since there will be some interesting competition this year. A 2JZ MkII Supra from WI is strongly rumored to be coming. Guess its finally time to install those Kelford intake cams.

keford cams

hi i am talking to kefords cams at the moment, they have some interesting cams
available for 1uz's base price of $1800 for a set of 4, its good because the company is in my country, the standard 1uz's cams are so restrictive peak power drops off very quick after 5,500rpm, from what i have been told from locals that have delt with them, their cams are good, mate has a set in a n/a 1uz with separate throttle bodies, mild head work, this motor is in a toyota levin and is used for racing, i have seen the dyno chart and it was happy at 253kw's at the wheels!
go kefords!
ewan

I am going with the Kelford 207-T1 CAMS on my 1992 Sc400 which Kevin at Kelford cams says will produce a 40hp gain afte installation. Did not know a performance cam upgrade can produce that kind of HP. Impressive, most impressive young skywalker!!!!!.
Go Kelford!!!!

supracharged1 said:
hi i am talking to kefords cams at the moment, they have some interesting cams
available for 1uz's base price of $1800 for a set of 4, its good because the company is in my country, the standard 1uz's cams are so restrictive peak power drops off very quick after 5,500rpm, from what i have been told from locals that have delt with them, their cams are good, mate has a set in a n/a 1uz with separate throttle bodies, mild head work, this motor is in a toyota levin and is used for racing, i have seen the dyno chart and it was happy at 253kw's at the wheels!
go kefords!
ewan
Could you give me the number, im in auckland. i would be keen for a cam upgrade.