shifter problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

marty

hi, have just installed a 1995 1uzfe into an ln85 hilux ute. it is running the factory auto. first of all we have fault codes flashing up on the dash without even starting the engine, (the te1 and e1 pins in the diagnostic box are not bridged). second problem is that when you start the engine and move the shifter through reverse and into neutral the engine stalls, if you restart the engine in neutral and shift the shifter back through reverse into park the engine still stalls. the vehicle does not stall when it is in drive or reverse and seems to drive ok. any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi, codes are 12,21,27,29,56,57 and 78. im sure 21,27 and 29 are all to do with the o2 sensors, but am unsure about the rest. cheers.

Does it produce as much power as you would expect? Or does it go really flat over 4K? Who wired it? as it sounds like it has some wiring issues. Which of the lexus ECUs is it running? Pin count and ecu number is best. Cheers

a sparky mate of mine wired it up, he has not come across this problem before. the ecu number is 89661-50241. four dark gray plugs, 34pin, 22pin, 16pin and 28pin. unsure of power loss as exhaust is not complete yet and we dont want to enoy the neighbours too much. cheers.

Get the exhaust done and work from there. I suspect it has a wiring issue. I have never had secondary oxygen sensor codes when I have wired them except for the VVti ones. Cheers

yeh will get exhaust done in the next week or so and work on it from there. code 12 seems to be very confusing as it relates to rpm signal. but engine starts and revs fine. cant find codes 56, 57 and 78 tho.

All points toward a wiring issue. Check out the video of the last surf I wired on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheCartuneCompany (I have wired another motor on the bench since). The surf had a code 56 when it can in and was wired from an auto sparkie. It ran but not much worked correctly. Also would not rev properly. Code 78 looks like something to do with the fuel pump circuit wiring. Code 57 looks interesting but ecus often throw wild codes when the wiring is not quite right. Cheers

12 Your timing belt is a tooth out

You have crook main O2s and it is detecting no sub O2s which these ones need

Your engine is out of this http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=89661-50241&mJ=on&mG=on and that is a UCF21 Celsior. 56 is the hydrofan code and unlike the UCF11 which needs the oil level sensor wire grounded to cancel that the UCF21 will run fine with that code in it. To kill that plug the solenoid from the hydrofan pump back in and tie it off somewhere so the ECU thinks that it is still there. 57 is traction control (or lack there of) and to can that if the secondary TPS is missing and wiring cut out there is one wire you need to find and join to the primary TPS circuit to cancel that. 78 is fuel pump control and that wire needs to be on the earth side of the trigger for the fuel pump relay. Sub O2s are a 4 wire and this model does need them and they go after the cat (or the resonator that you're going to fit in their place).

As Kelvin has said you are looking at a bit of a wiring F.U.B.A.R and wiring diagrams can be found here http://lextreme.com/misc1.html 96 LS400 is the one so if you cant read a wiring diagram best you learn and start again. These diagrams aint 100% but they will get you out of the crapper and I have a set of factory diagrams and pinouts if you need them that are "close enough"

shifter problems

disconnect battery and cleared all codes. reconnect battery and code 12 comes back straight away. checked ignition timing and found engine to be running at about 4 degrees. when engine is revved timing goes back to aroung 2 or 3 degrees btdc.:)

If code 12 comes up without starting then sounds like u
Have one cam sensor unplugged
The reason it stalls between gears is 95% wiring related
Had this issue 10 years ago

I would be fairly confident its a wiring problem. Had one like this recently. Took me a bit to find it but using my dyno and scantool I got it. When you get sick of trying bring it over to me and Ill sort it. Cheers

That was a long time ago. The hobbit that fixed it that he is referring to is Me. I'm not that tall and live close to Hobbiton , I actually look out over Matamata where it's located.

To fix this ute I pretty much rewired the engine correctly. It had lots of codes all related to poor wiring.