Project Thread SC470TT (VVTi) Twin Turbo Lexus SC400 with 4.7L Toyota Tundra Engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I just recieve a set of MLS gaskets courtesy of Cometic Gasket. I also upgraded the head studs from 10mm to 7/16" (almost same size as 11mm).. The below pictures say it all.

Cometic-Gaskets%20001.jpg
Cometic-Gaskets%20002.jpg
Cometic-Gaskets%20003.jpg
Cometic-Gaskets%20004.jpg
Cometic-Gaskets%20005.jpg

How did you drill and tap for head studs??
I had to send away to a bigger milling machine to be 100% sure everthing is 90* .. Those pistons look the same as mine...
Nice..I'm about 6 weeks behind you...

Guys,

The car is finally done. It was scheduled to two days of work, but ended up 4 days of work. Due to the new year holiday the shop was closed for few days. Anyway, I was little nervous before the car started. Before I go on any further, I need to stress that the engine mounts I made fit PREFECTLY and they are solid too. The engine looks completely stock. From the look of my Tein Suspension, it didnt really go down that much since the iron block is little heavier.

The engine started at first crank without any trouble. Even when cold the engine sounds great and very smooth. We double check all the fluids making sure that my engine is not overheating for some unknown reasons. After 45 seconds of running the engine some smoke came out from the headers due to residue oil after we clean out the oil, everything looks, sounds, felt awesome.

While the engine runs smooth and even smoothier after it warmed-up. We noticed Check engine light came on along with Traction Light. I have seen this before in my car once a while and not sure why they came on few months ago. We will do some more testing to see why they are on. Code obtained was 13 which could be camshaft or crank sensor.

Once again, we triple check all fluids and I slow back up the car and take it to a spin. I want to baby the engine for the next 500 miles so I didnt go faster then 30 mph and few seconds at 55 mph. The engine idle near perfect and beyond my expectation for our stage II cams and larger valves. I am trying to upload some videos. to share them with our members. Please feel free to ask since right now my brain is just full of excitement.

Here are two pictures of the custom engine mounts I made specifically for the 2uzfe to SC400/Soarer chasis.
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg

Once again, the engine bay looks completely stock.
IMG_0116.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg

Come back for video of the engine idling.

David,

Excellent work!

Few things compare to that moment of start up after all the planning and dreaming and spending and working.

Cross the fingers and turn the ignition... LIFE.

This project is a newborn. Can't wait to see her grow up!

David, nice work!! Glad to see it up and running...Remember to start setting up the Texas Shootout!! I am expecting in May or June. Wwe should start to contact the Local Lexus dealer there to set up the big event...

Ryan

Got the dyno today after 250 miles. The numbers are as expected. Restritive exhaust and lower compression.

Max RWHP: 226
Max WRTQ: 256

SC_470_DYNO_TEST.jpg

With higher compression and free flow exhaust we should see at least 30-35 rwhp gain. Another factor is that I have a sensor issue and the check engine light comes on. That will cause the ecu to retard timing. That definately cause some hp for sure.

Stock Tundra 4.7L dyno at 205 rwhp. So its not bad. I just love the lowered end torque.

Yes, the TQ is amazing, pushed me wayy back into the seat when I test drove it. I can't wait to see what #'s it pushes when the turbos are mounted...

You move quickly...you should have those snails on there by next week =P

That's great, looks like your making around 290hp (est. 22% drivetrain loss) so about 55hp over a stock 1uz. I wonder why the stage II cams are peaking around 5K? Also, what exhaust are you running?

According to 1992 SC400:
Max. Output (SAE-NET) 250@5600 rpm
Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 260@4400 rpm

According to 2000 Tundra:
Max. Output [SAE-NET] 245 HP@4800 rpm
Max. Torque [SAE-NET] 315 lb-ft@3400 rpm

According to 2001 GS430:
Max. Output (SAE-NET) 300@5600 rpm
Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 325@3400 rpm

According to 1995 SC470: (22% drive train lost)
Max. Output (SAE-NET) 300@5000 rpm (226@5000 rpm)
Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 321@3900 rpm (256@3900 rpm)

Very nice, David! About 50 hp over stock with NA engine. The most amazing thing is that the power is put too quick at low end. It keeps spinning the rear tires before it takes off. This never happened to my stock SC400.

Guys,

Finally got some time last week and finish off my turbo downpipes. They are in rough weld right now and hopefully to smooth out some of the weld spots next week and they will be out for ceramic coat. Here are some pictures

Twin-Headers%20003.jpg
Twin-Headers%20004.jpg
Twin-Headers%20005.jpg
Twin-Headers%20006.jpg
Twin-Headers%20008.jpg
Twin-Headers%20009.jpg
Twin-Headers%20010.jpg

during the welding one of my WG flange got warp. Gotta fix that.

Attachments

• Timing-Water-Pump.jpg
    Timing-Water-Pump.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 98-06-timing.jpg
    98-06-timing.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 157
Dave, nice work. Looking forward to seeing you at the V8 Shootout!!
Ryan

Guys,

Finally got some time last week and finish off my turbo downpipes. They are in rough weld right now and hopefully to smooth out some of the weld spots next week and they will be out for ceramic coat. Here are some pictures

Twin-Headers%20003.jpg
Twin-Headers%20004.jpg
Twin-Headers%20005.jpg
Twin-Headers%20006.jpg
Twin-Headers%20008.jpg
Twin-Headers%20009.jpg
Twin-Headers%20010.jpg

during the welding one of my WG flange got warp. Gotta fix that.