Project Thread SC470TT (VVTi) Twin Turbo Lexus SC400 with 4.7L Toyota Tundra Engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
nice progress! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of engine management are you planning to run?

Got some updates. I finally have enough motivation and time to work on my car. I am start to put my powder coated parts back along with the 1000 cc injectors. I also plugged up the EGR openings along with using push in vacuum fittings.

I finally have enough motivation and time to work on my car.
Time we can understand, David...but MOTIVATION ???.....dude, you worked so long to built this engine...now get it done and make those turbos spinnnnnnn :)

Good to see some progress !!!!

Just a little update. I installed my used Aeromotive FPR on to the stock EGR location. I blocked the EGR already and I added another EGR plate and bend it in two location to move the FPR out about 3/4" or so. Please check photos. This is the cleanest location I have ever seen.

Hey man, you have a great project there, hope you having fun :).

Cant wait to see that beast running, Keep up the good job.

Reincarnation!

Guys,
I have been busy for the last 12 months and neglect my projects. Since there will be a huge Lexus Track Meet coming up in 3 weeks I am trying to get this motor done and install into my 1995 Black on Black Lexus. I also got pressure from the Triad and Lextreme members.

Here is what I got so far:
* 2UZFE VVTi Iron Block (4.7L)
* Lextreme Custom Engine Girdle
* Lextreme Forged Rods with ARP 2000 bolts
* Ross Forged Pistons (8.5:1)
* Ceramic Coated Piston Top
* ARP Main Studs
* Custom Fabricate Oil pick up pipe (due to girdle interferrence)
* Stock 1998 SC400 heads and uppers (VVTi Heads)
* ARP head Studs
* Stock 2UZFE VVTi head gaskets.

Other Info:
* FI: Twin T04S with .48 A/R
* Computer: Adaptronic
* Fuel: Upgraded Single Walboro pump (For Now)
* Injector: 315 cc (For now)
* Ignition: Stock VVTi COP
* Harness: Mod 1995
* Transmission: GM TH400 with custom Torque Converter.

Boost:
Initial: 6-8 psi
Later: 18-20 psi

Note: Sorry for the messy garage. I will clean up once I finish this project. Wife has been on me since 12 months ago. This is basically a VVTI engine with larger displacement.

Ummh! You gents are right. That's too much slacking! You'll need to have pressurized induction. LOL..I'm happy to see you're getting your priority together again. :bigok: Can't wait to see the black triad together again.

Working on the heads today. They are torque 65 lbs with motor oil. Few other things also came on. Cleaning valve covers today and going in. I need water bridge gaskets and timing. So, perhaps few days down time. Also getting a new starter tomorrow. We all know how hard it is to replace one. Black Triad sounds very wicked.

Get after it David! We all need to get our priorities straight, and get these projects going again ;-)

Waiting for an engine rebuilt kit for misc seals and gaskets. I change out the SC400 (1998) injector to the Supra 315 cc injector (Lime Green). You also notice the two return oil fitting. I also got some colder spark plugs from NGK.

Got some time today and start putting parts back. Timing parts are in and marks are aligned. Misc. covers are in. Twin Snails are in. I am having little problem mounting the alternator. Here are some pictures.

Thanks to Stevechumo we managed to muscled the engine in with TH400. We spent about 2 hours to prepare misc installation before we can actually insert the engine in. For some unknown reason, the VVTi engine (heads) seems to be little wider then the older 1UZ. My driver side down pipe is touch the frame (slightly). It was very tight and difficult re-installation.

Alot need to be done:
Under the car:
* Reconnect the drive shaft
* Connect Linkage
* Reinstall crossmember
* Reinstall LCA
* Reconnect Exhaust and fab one side
* Reconnect O2 Sensors

Inside the Car:
* Reconnect ECU
* Put back radio
* Reinstall door panels

Front of car:
* Reinstall front bumper
* Reinstall HID lights

Top of car:
* Relocated battery and cable connections
* Find missing ignitors
* Alternator Location
* Install fan belt
* Install Radiatior
* Connect Electric fan wires
* Make oil return lines
* Reconnect turbo inlet oil lines
* Reconnection intercooler pipes
* Throttle Cable Extension

Electronic:
* Wiring/programming and tuning & Much much more....