Project Thread SC400T (Lextreme's Version)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks lex!

Hey steve when you get a chance can you take a few pics of the front once you get done.. I want to check a few things out... I need to get an idea on some of the cleanances.

If I flip my manifolds I dont know if theres enough room on the driverside to run the pipe...

If I join them in the back Im going to join them and run an up-pipe from the back to the front rather than constructing a custom manifold.

Curry,

I'll take the pics this Saturday and post them up. I wouldn't flip and cut the stock manifold. I've heard of it but never saw it. If you want to run the driver side to the front, then just build it on your own and take it to the welder to finish it. It doesn't seem hard as it sounds. Because if you build it, you can maximize the clearance. I only used 1.75" pipe for the custom manifold and then merge to 2.5" pipe with the other side and run to the turbo. The stock header's internal diameter of the main section is only 1.5". I keep the stock driver header. I still keep the AC. When you see the pictures, my explanation will be clearer.

Ryan

I don't have the digital camcorder so I don't know how to video it. I may need to borror it if I do. Trust me, when the car is at idle, the exhaust sound is only deep and smooth, not too loud. But when it kicks in at around 1500 RPM, it really starts to roar with the grunting. I've heard the powerful engines such as the Lambo Murcillago, Testerosa, Ferrari F430, Viper, Ford, turbo Supra, F40. They all have distintive powerful tones. Not to count the somewhat weaker tones from the NSX, turbo Hondas, Mustang...etc. I'm somewhat disappointed in the new Vette, it's so quiet to my taste.

Thanks,

You're right flipping the manifolds is worth more trouble than it is. Actually what I was thinking about doing was leaving the manifolds the way they are but just bringing them down and back under the engine and merging them.

I was under there yesterday and theres plenty of space for that.

Steve who made the turbo friendly exhaust manifold? Serious custom job and that is the heart of the system...Once you fab the turbo headers you have the turbo system ready to go... Nice...

Curry,

Sax manifold blows nice tune...and I can sing along. Don't look down at the shiny spots. They're ground to clean up the welding spatters, but very rigid.

John,

I used 2 best ideas of both worlds (David's and mine) to create this sax manifold. Keeping the driver manifold and cross-run to the passenger side is David's idea. Keeping the built manifold with enough clearance for the alternator is mine. We then meet together at the merging flanges, along the engine, protruding under the alternator and forward to the front. David took an important part in this build. He kept saying "Get it done...get it done"..LOL.

I'm working on the LS brake swap. I'm waiting for the AEM wideband A/F gauge to arrive. When they're in, I'll take it for the test drive, probably at 7 psi. I'd estimate it'll make 270 rwhp. When the body work is done, I'll run 9 psi, estimated at 300 rwhp. Then the final goal may be around 12 psi, estimated at 350 rwhp. This final goal should be around 420 crank hp, because I don't want to touch the engine nor the tranny. I think these estimates are very conservative. The stock rated crank hp is 250 hp. I can't wait!!! :tongue2:

Yeah.. GET IT DONE! If it was up to me it would have been done in a weekend (with all the parts I need) but took Steve almost 12 months. Now u understand my fraustration with this member....LOL... Get it Done! and now its done....

Congrats on getting everything assembled. It looks really great.
Blizzy,
I know you have a black SC and it's your turn to boost it. I also see that you have the knowledge about the SC, so what are you waiting for? You can have the mild boosted SC for $3 K.

John,
Yes, patience is a virtue. I just wanted to extend my virtue :thinking: ..., but it's time to get lost in the heat now...heh..heh.

Good day, gents!

My single turbo SC400 is finally on the ground yesterday. It was running just perfect, no problem so far. However, due to the heavy rain and the new brake system, I only boosted it a litle. I couldn't really see the boost gauge because I have it under the driver dash and the crooked steering steeringwheel covers the gauge. I'll have the wheel alignment to clear the view and I'll try to boost it harder. The A/F ratio is within its range. It's very...very lean at idle at around 17-18. I think this is normal for the SC. Plz correct me. But when I press the gas harder, it gets richer and goes to around 12-13. I'll need to do some minor things and I'll try to post more pics or videos. :veryhappy: