sc400 w58 flywheel spacer?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mooreofit

just completed the w58 swap this weekend in my sc400.had a few issues. one is my throw out sounds like it had shredded or is about to only after 20 miles or so.

Are you supposed to re-use the flexplate spacer behind the flywheel? i have searched everywhere and cant find info on this.Im running the 1uzfeswapkit flywheel and t56 throw out bearing set up. i am replacing the throw out this weekend with another oreilly's unit this sunday.

Also theres an engine vibration issue.easy fix.the engine vibration may be the clutch its the ebay xtd stage 3 clutch which i plan on replacing with an autozone special to eleminate it from the equasion.

I guess the only question was about the spacer.

Last edited:
No you do not use the spacer with the flywheel.

I thought Driftmotion was out of business. I have been out of the Supra scene for quite awhile but they were kind of a joke. They did not seem to do anything right. Did they clean up their act?

Jake

You are not supposed to use the flexplate spacer. That's for 3sgte flywheels. Which should not be used for several reasons. the vibration is probably from using the spacer.

Brawls43,
Small world. I just noticed your username and realized you are the one that bought the sc300 5speed pedal set from me on ebay.
I was gonna use it on my 90 cressida but I'm going in a different direction now.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15217
install instructions for the r154, pretty much the same as w58 as far as the bearing and flywheel instructions are concerned.

and, I can beat driftmotions quality and pricing on driveshafts....

why is that not on your web sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me start with drift motion. i did this swap in my brothers driveway and he has already been sued by the homeowners over cars.but thats where we do our work and they can suck it.so that in mind i had already bought a junkyard sc300 manual shaft or so i thought.so there i was with my pants around my ankles no driveshaft and a pissed off brother.so i called the only two people i could find online that would make me a shaft.(no one would make it locally.houston)

the driveshaft shop had awesome customer service ratings but they said it would take five days to ship. so i called driftmotion and he said he could have it to me in five days i explained to him my issues and ordered the shaft thinking they were a good company as i have always seen them referanced to parts on clublexas.well it didnt show on day five friday. I waited all day saturday nothing so i told my wife to call them first thing monday.before we called them monday i got a call from some one up there saying they never got my info on the driveshaft.b.s. i sent it personally when i ordered the shaft.he said he tried to call me earlier the previous week. b.s. i just got a smart phone a month ago.anywho my wife dealed with someone who was very rude and disconcerned to our issue.I then told her to cancel the order they then said that they could have it by that evening.tuesday at the time,aound 7:30 i got a call from someone who was very respectfull apologetic and explained they had an issue with getting the yoke but he had it in hand and i would have it friday at the latest. it showed up at noon saturday.

overall quality was par.(edit) i take back what i said about the driveshaft being out of balance.it was all because of the spacer.
i thanks for all the help and the walkthrough 4u2quik

Last edited:
p.s. dont waste your money on the w58(unless you not adding power)i paid 650 for that trans and driveshaft at a local salvage yard. i can get the 350z trans at lkq for 500 bucks the adapter kit is cheap and you can get the driveshaft at the junkyard have it shortened at a local shop and get the adapter plate in the rear.the 350z trans is supposed to hold over 1000hp and is 6 speed.

ill be doing this swap in a month or so.using my w58 in a 91 cressida we just got with 1uz.

350 z does not hold anywhere near 1000 hp. I have about threee of them at the shop as proof. You'll be lucky if it holds any more power than a freshly rebuilt r154.

great info, im going to turbo it with a fairly large turbo next so you would go with the r154? im hoping to find a trans that will last a couple years.please dont say t56.:eek:

I've seen r154's rebuilt with parts from marlin crawler hold over 800hp. (and ones built by marlin crawler are known for holding over 1000 hp!) so you don't really need to go to a t56 unless you like the double overdrive. (and added reliability at stupid high hp.)

i got a buddy trying to sell a r154.ill just get that. i was looking forward to the six gear.im not really a six speed guy but im not a fan of 3000 rpms at 65 either.lol

ok im luck to have feet.the clutch was in two pieces and all the springs and rivets from the clutch disc were floating around the bellhousing.The collar that centers the tob on the t56 slave was contacting the clutch disc spline hub thing. flywheel was fine trans looked fine.

After removing spacer, i replaced the clutch with an exedy stage one for 3vz and throw out bearing\slave with same advanced auto perfecto tob.this one would not bleed out all the way. but would engage and dissengage the clutch i would just have to pull it off the floor manually.the new throw out still makes a roaring bearing noise and when the clutch pedal is depressed it makes a slight squeel and vibrates. it is the only time it vibrates now. only checked below 40mph.so i guess im pulling it again tomorrow.:mad:

i just wanted to update, ive been working with brandon 4u2quik on getting this issue figured out via telephone, and we got it figured out.turned out trans was not square to engine.cant thank you enough brandon.cheers.