SC400 suspension issues

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

yodathespian87

Ok, so I have been slowly working on this sc400 I picked up. One of the issues is god aweful wear pattern on the front tires. Apparently the previous owner thought the car looked cooler lowered so they heated up the front springs and now the tires riipped up all the under fender stuff and are wearing very poorly. How do I correct this? Is it easy enough to to get new front springs? It looks like the rear have also been heated but they aren't creating a problem as of yet. Though to make it look good I think I would need a set of springs all around. Any input of some good brands? Advice? Thanks

Hey yodathespian87,

I think you should check this link, it will give you plenty of options for the SC.

Personally, I like Tein and Eibach.

Also, keep in mind it is important what your plans are for the vehicle....

Daily driver, weekend warrior etc..... Spring rates play an extremely important part in your complete satisfaction of spring choice, and again this depends on your primary uses/s of the SC and how comfortable you want to be.

Hope this helps!

PS...
Forget about looking good. If you plan on altering the suspension on one axle, do it on the rest. Safety 1st!!

Looks will come with a PROPERLY lowered vehicle.

Happy Tuning Y
odathespian :)

I don't want it lowered, someone did that already, it's so low I slide on every bump, and my tires rub the inside fender. Just terrible. Plans for the vehicle would be something close to stock if I don't end up stripping out the car. Having a few issues with the title. As it was Salvage.

Easiest way to get back to stock is to buy a set of stockers from a junkyard. Then simply order some tokico or Koni's and re-use the OEM springs.

Im dealing with tire rub in the fronts myself. Probably from the 255/35 fronts :D