Rough runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Baz B

Hi I'm new here,
My 1991 Soarer v8 runs on 5 or 6 cylinders, I have replaced both coil packs with new ones. I originally washed the motor which left water around some plugs causing a misfire, I have dried the plugs and it ran fine for a day, now it starts but runs very rough. The car has only done 112000 km,s from new and has had no problems before. I would be grateful for any help.

Are you sure you don't have any HT leads jammed to cause a short circuit. I've had that problem in the past and it's easily done when replacing the plug covers..

You could also check the distributor caps for moisture/tracking.

Hi I'm new here,
My 1991 Soarer v8 runs on 5 or 6 cylinders, I have replaced both coil packs with new ones. I originally washed the motor which left water around some plugs causing a misfire, I have dried the plugs and it ran fine for a day, now it starts but runs very rough. The car has only done 112000 km,s from new and has had no problems before. I would be grateful for any help.
Hi Rod, Thanks for prompt reply. I removed one dissy cap and found the rotor arm almost disintegrated, Do you know where I can get new caps and rotors, I'm in N.E.Victoria Aust.
Thanks again, this is a great forum.
Baz

Your local Toyota Dealer will have them but may be pricey.

I tend to Google what I need and add Australia after it so I don't get the rest of the World market.

eBay seems to have plenty of options.