right transfer case for the lexus tranny ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rma

HI all , New to the forum and am just now reasaerching the 1uzfe to 1988 4runner swap,using the lexus tranny and 4runner transfer.

I am stil reading about the tranny and transfer, saw madmonts transfer case wrightup on someone elses thread.
He says he used a hydraulic chain driven case , but I could not find a model number for the case he used .
I have a tranny and transfer from a 1988 4runner v6 , i know the transfer is a hydraulic chain case.
Can someone who knows tell me if this is the right transfer case to use and if it is what, do you guys do with the rod circled in red , do you put it in the lexus tranny or what, do you not use it, or do I need a transfer that does not have that rod coming out of the tranny .
What case would that be .
sorry for the dumb question but I cant find the anwser I need ,

100_8467.jpg

100_8469.jpg

100_8465.jpg

So I think I found that the A340H tranny and transfer case is not the one being used to adapt the transfer case to the lexus tranny .

The right one is the A340F or 30-40LE which come froma 4cy 4x4 .
Please if anybody knows this to be correct let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• 1UZ VVTi.V1.19.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 12
You can use the hydraulic transfer case. A bit harder than the Surf case. First you have to swap the output shaft from the A340H box into the A341E box . Then fit the 4 prong rotor from the old shaft on to the new shaft and fit the sensor for it . Use the A340H valve body in the A341E with the sump and oil lines which you need for the hydraulic tansfer case. Then you have to reassemble the transfer case . This is more difficult than assembling the transmission because of the spring loading of some of the mechanism. Then you need to wire up the switch and solenoid for the transfer case. And rearrange the wiring to the valve body solenoids as you now have three instead of four and they are DIFFERENT. Dont forget to fool the ecu into thinking there are four solenoids still or you will get an error code. Moving into drive from neutral will be a bit harsh as you no longer have number 4 solenoid but you can slow down the flow to the forward clutch to remedy this. Some people do not like the hydraulic case because they feel they might slip. I never had any problem with slip . Unlike the surf transfer the hydraulic one will always engage 4x4 or low range without any drama or crashing of gears. No matter how wound up your driveline may get it will not jam in 4x4 The rod coming out of the tranny is for the park pawl and you will need a bit of clearance for it when you put it in the A341e

Madmont Thank you for replying, what I would like to do is what you did and just cut the output shaft and not swap them out .
Now this is where I am confused I am unsure about the exact transfer case you used , reading some of your replies I did not find anything about you having to swap shafts and such just cutting the one on the lexus and drilling the extra hole ,attaching the 4 prong rotor.
So I believe you used the A340F or 30-40LE transfer case is this correct.

Thanks Again.

"I have done the hydraulic Hilux as well as the mechanical Surf and the Surf was much easier"
From Madmont

THis is what I want to do , so I will look for a mechanical box and not use my hdraulic one.

Hey man, the best route probably is the adapters from inchworm gear. I'll have mine next week so i'll post up some pics and results of it next week on yotatech.