reverse rotation on 1uz-fe is possible?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

yohnny

Hello Guys!!

i'm new here, thank you all for any help you will give me.... ;)

my project need a reverse rotation engine... i was going to buy a 350 chevy ( from what i know there are all needed parts to make it a reverse rotation engine )

BUT i have just discovered this all alloy V8 1uz-fe ( no VVTi ) and i really love it!

can anyone help me with some suggestions to understand if is possible to make it reverse rotation? unfortunately i can't work on my transaxle...

i have no problem to build any parts needed as braket, gear wheels, pulley, distributor harness or gear but i'm not very familiar with engine...

just can't understand if i swap ( or change positions ) of the cam shafts the job is done or if i need to build new cam shafts

thank you for your answers and helps!

Nice greetings!
Enrico :)

Chev 350's come in both rotations to allow for Marine use.

I would think you would need 4 new cams plus a way of making rotate backwards to start it.

additionally the oil pump would run backwards.

Just too much engineering to make it worthwhile.

Wouldn't it be easier to flip the transaxle upside down? This would give you revers rotation of the axles.

What's it going in and whats the transaxle out of??

Perhaps you could drive the transaxle off the front of the engine?

hi!

my project is a bit crazy, so doesn't matter if it need a bit of engineering: i was going to fit a dry sump with external oil pump ( and also electric water pump ) to resolve some problems given from the reverse rotation... also, the starter is not a problem...

the car is the "strange" Citroen SM who have a Maserati V6 engine (with reverse rotation)

i want to convert it to V8 :D

( my idea start from an american guy who did it but with a very heavy chevy350 reverse rotation )

the transaxle is specific for this car ( and also for lotus i heared ) but is not simple to modify it or his position because the brake calipers are mounted just outside of the gearbox ( 5 speed, manual ) before the drive shafts... also the transaxle is mounted in front of the car, before the engine...
(similar to a common rear wheel drive car BUT inverted to the front.. the citroen is a front wheel drive )

but if will exchange the cam shafts between left and right heads could be fine? will work?

i'm starting to going crazy :rolleyes:

If I owned an SM I would leave it standard or sell it to someone who would restore it.

Too rare and interesting to "hot rod".

That said inverting the transaxle is probably impractical due to the design.

I think the Masser engine would sound better.

Yes, rare and strange car... But i'm Italian: and here in Italy is not so rare... I have a few of them :D

and yeah, the Maserati V6 90degree sound very nice...

But a Citroen SM V8 is a dream! ;)

It may be worth checking if Chev make the alloy LS3 in reverse rotation?

I can't see making the Lexus run reverse would be either easy or cheap.

This doesn't make sense, since all the transaxle cars I've worked on all have normal left or counter clockwise rotating at flywheel engines.
Sometimes you can flip the ring gear for a rotation correction. Other wise like the chevys the cam would need to run in the correct direction for the reverse rotation. And there maybe another option for chevys too.