Retrofit TRAC onto off-road vehicle

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mase_00_7

Hi guys,

I found your forum whilst browsing the web for some ideas that i'd like to integrate into my little off-road buggy.

Basically I have a VW Sand Rail that I've been messing around with off-road, but it has an open diff and only a small amount of articulation so as soon as one of the wheels comes off the floor I lose drive.

I want to retrofit a TRAC style traction control system to the buggy, but purely to brake a spinning rear wheel when measured against the opposite wheel, with no sensors on the front.

I was planning on building my own controller to decode wheel speed sensor information and send instructions to the actuator, so I would just need anything downstream of the brain if you see what I mean?

Does anyone have a schematic of the TRAC system, or any information on exactly how it works and what sort of fittings are needed at the wheels? How are the brake circuits separated (i.e. pedal - ABS - TRAC) and are they separated inside the actuator or does the pressure from the actuator feed into the regular circuit before going to the correct wheel?

Basically, any information you have on the system would be gratefully received!

Cheers, Paul. :D

toyota traction control is done with a second, motor controlled throttle butterfly just in front of the throttle butterly.
images