Resetting Brake Pad Wear warning light

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tonyd

Guys,

I have a 94 LS400 and despite having new pads and discs ( rotors) fitted front and rear, the brake pad wear warning light is continously illuminated.

I can't find any wear sensors in the pads themselves, therefore I am assuming that the warning light is triggered, by a sensor in the caliper, maintained by the ECU and has to be reset by a dealer once the pads are replaced.

If this is correct is there a way to reset the the warning light similar to the "wire dance" to reset the air bag warning light, a tutorial which I used last week which worked like a charm. If its not correct could anyone give me a way to turn the light off.

Cheers,

Tony

Did a bit more searching on the drivetrain/ suspension brakes section of the site and discover that I need some sensors from Lexus, or remove the bulb from the display.

Ahem ........the car cost £300 ( $600) so I guess its hand up the back of the dashboard time.

Cheers,

Tony

How do I reset the brake pad warning light?

I have a 95 LS, replaced the pads, rotors and pad sensors, is there any way of resetting the warning light "without" going to the dealer for the reset? I know I can pull the bulb, but I want the sensor to work not just the light to go out. Thanks in advance.

LS400GUY

95LexLs400...thanks for your reply. I've solved the problem by replacing the brake sensor with a new one, the light went out and everything's fine. The sensors were fairly inexpensive on Ebay so I thought that was the way to go. Another question for you though, do you experience a "jerking" motion when you let up off the gas pedal while driving over a certain speed with the '95 LS?

Just been doing the brakes on mine and wanted to chip in.
From what i can see the sensor plugs onto the pad and once it gets worn it breaks a wire and this brings on the light on the dash.
This means that once the light comes on the sensor is broken and needs to be replaced, and if it's your first time doing them you now have lovely new brakes but the light is still on. Cue another trip to the motor factors as the nice man on the computer didn't tell you the sensors were separate, spend more money an a third trip as they have to order the part and it will all have to wait till monday as the shop is now shut for the weekend:mad::mad::mad:.
Sorry just had to get that off my chest.