Request For Info - Only Those With Supercharged UZ's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Eaton M90 with 60mm pulley running 9psi on std crank pulley from a ford thunderbird with home made intake
385cc injectors at around 65% duty at wot
Home made manifold as bullet charge too much:D
running gen 1 link v5 grp fire
also in a winch truck that weighs 2150kg at dyno ran 31" tyres and 596 ft pds ( 804 nm) estimate around 280hp at the wheels
Torque curve nice and sharp from idle max tq at 1800 rpm give or take a bit ,red line 6500 rpm with a soft cut then hard cut.
Have since changed exhaust and gear ratios in the diffs so until re dyno'd wont know numbers. but they will yield way better results
running 95 pump gas..

Only the exhaust will give you any increase in torque at the Flywheel.

The gearing change will give you more tractive force, which will make it feel like it has a lot more power.

I'm contemplating a change from 4/11 to 4.83 in my Rover for the same reason.

Easier and cheaper to get more power (torque) on the ground with gears than playing with the engine. Been there and done that with the UZ and didn't like the fuel economy of 45l/100klm!

I would expect an improvement in economy as the throttle opening won't be as large to keep it rolling.

Mine only weighs 1850kg and runs 35's.

Only the exhaust will give you any increase in torque at the Flywheel.

The gearing change will give you more tractive force, which will make it feel like it has a lot more power.

I'm contemplating a change from 4/11 to 4.83 in my Rover for the same reason.

Easier and cheaper to get more power (torque) on the ground with gears than playing with the engine. Been there and done that with the UZ and didn't like the fuel economy of 45l/100klm!

I would expect an improvement in economy as the throttle opening won't be as large to keep it rolling.

Mine only weighs 1850kg and runs 35's.

45/ 100 OMG:eek:.. even mines economical by that std..we estimate it around 20-25 / 100

The gearing will have a direct result in + torque as it is easier to run making it give better performance.. and spin off is better economy..

Keep in mind I was making almost twice the HP as yours.

Horsepower comes at a serious cost!

rightly noted:) im only for reliable sustained power for all day every day type scenario , considering mine hasn't been opened at all ( std engine) im doing ok.. Cheers Zuffen.. I'd like to be in your league but sadly this does come at a cost which im not going to get involved in.. just too expensive here to do those sort of modifications.. beit I'd love to have that sort of power..

VEHICLE: 1989 Nissan 300ZX, Z32, 4 seat, Targa top
SUPERCHARGER: Eaton M112 on top of ported bullet manifold
INTERCOOLER: I wish
PULLEYS: Stock crank / smallest bullet blower pulley, see picture
BOOST: 11.2 - 12psi
INTAKE TEMPS : 110 deg celsius, way too high
ENGINE: Early 1UZFE, Non VVT, full deburred internals, forged rods & pistons (8.5:1), dynamically balanced, ported heads , kelford blower cams, lextreme valve springs, 2 x 60mm bore throttle body, cold air from bonnet scoop, external engine oil cooler with thermo, duel 14" thermos on radiator
EXHAUST: 1.625" primaries into to 3.0" collectors, 2 x 2.25" system
IGNITION: MSD Dis4 CDI with MSD coils running wasted spark, 10mm spiral wound leads
ECU : Wolf V550
FUEL SETUP: 750cc injectors (sequential), large fuel rail, Sard rising rate fuel reg, Walbro 460 fuel pump with 10mm fuel lines, running 95RON
TRANS : A340 shift kit with manual shift & ECU control but not mapped yet, external oil cooler with thermo
POWER: approx 230Kw atw @ 6500
WATER INJ: Not running or mapped in yet
NOS: One day

Under Bonnet shot.jpg

Last edited: