Replace timing belt

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

I'm just psyching myself up to do both a timing belt and starter motor... At 295,000km the 2nd belt is due and the starter is doing the click-click-click thing.. I'm going to be using a complete Toyota timing belt kit and with it is a crank seal. I'd like to change it. Ive watched 2 youtube video's on 1UZ TB but neither showed pulling off the TB pulley. Does anyone know if this is easy/hard to get off ? Do I need a puller or does it just tap off ?....

*** Also, as far as I know the valve clearances have never been checked. Should I also be taking off the valve covers and checking them ? Whats the service intervals ?

** Anyone got any hot tips before I jump in the deep end ?......

Attachments

• 1UZ timing belt kit... $700AUD !!!.jpg
    1UZ timing belt kit... $700AUD !!!.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 8
I'm just psyching myself up to do both a timing belt and starter motor... At 295,000km the 2nd belt is due and the starter is doing the click-click-click thing.. I'm going to be using a complete Toyota timing belt kit and with it is a crank seal. I'd like to change it. Ive watched 2 youtube video's on 1UZ TB but neither showed pulling off the TB pulley. Does anyone know if this is easy/hard to get off ? Do I need a puller or does it just tap off ?....

*** Also, as far as I know the valve clearances have never been checked. Should I also be taking off the valve covers and checking them ? Whats the service intervals ?

** Anyone got any hot tips before I jump in the deep end ?......

I changed the timing belt on my 1UZ a bit more than a year ago.

Some kind person here on Lextreme pointed me to a very good recipee for
how to do it. Helped me a lot.

(he/her might pop up again, or you may look around in threads with my name and find the same recipee)