removing steering wheel

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8TOY

hey all i want to change my old steering wheel with my new momo one, but im not sure how to with having a air bag in it. does anyone know some step by steps to remove it without being knocked out by the airbag. thanx

does the new Momo have a Airbag? If not then you will have to swap back at each warrant or get it certed. to change remove fuse. unscrew- usually underneith then remove air bag cluster - carefully. and then remove wheel. I would not recommend doing this unless properly trained. Take it to a qualified person. Cheers.

V8TOY said:
hey all i want to change my old steering wheel with my new momo one, but im not sure how to with having a air bag in it. does anyone know some step by steps to remove it without being knocked out by the airbag. thanx
Pull the fuse for the airbag system at least.

Weather there are any other steps I am not sure.

There is a write up over at Clublexus (search in the sc400/300 section for "steering wheel removal" and also at Supraforums. I believe both threads have pictures in them.

I also disconnected the battery for 30 minutes in hopes of discharging the system. I took my time and was careful not to short anything and I made it out alive ;)