Rebuilding 1uz- will ARP rod bolts etc help safe rpm or is rods the limit?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

StavFC

As title really.

Rebuilding an early 1uz (so stronger rods) with ACL bearings, cometic gaskets, 286deg cams, ITBs, etc, but stock pistons and rods.

Will ARP bolts help things at all, or are the failures never things like rod bolts etc on 1uz?

Staying N/A but could do with all the revs I can have really.

Cheers

From what I know of both high power and high rev un-opened early 1uz's. I think that you will run into valve float before you over stress the rods/rod bolts, unless you go with all new valve-train components. I think if you are going to go with cams as agressive as you are, and are worrying about rods going you might as well replace the pistons with high comp ones.

From what I know of both high power and high rev un-opened early 1uz's. I think that you will run into valve float before you over stress the rods/rod bolts, unless you go with all new valve-train components. I think if you are going to go with cams as agressive as you are, and are worrying about rods going you might as well replace the pistons with high comp ones.

No valve float, have uprated springs too.

Both from Kelfords in NZ.

The raise in comp from pistons is so little it's not that cost effective, esp with the rod cost too, but I wondered how the roads fail.
Most say stick to 7.5k tops, seen some go to 8 no prob, but if rod bolts will help, its a low priced solution to a little extra rpm safety.