Rear Strut Tower Bars for SC's I built one.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey guy I had 2 of these, but sold 1. So I still have one left. LMK.

Attachments

• IMG_8588 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_8588 (Medium).JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P1040877.JPG
    P1040877.JPG
    662.9 KB · Views: 6
This is BS. CL pisses me off.

(Supra Dr)
That was the last rear strut bar you can sell.
If you want to become a vendor & make/ sell
them contact IB trends from the home page.

(Supra Dr)

(Supra Dr)

I understand, but keep in mind that CL clearly states in their terms and conditions of membership that you cannot sell parts other than your own from your cars. if you manufacture parts, or buy them and resell them as a business, then you must apply for approval as a paid vendor. This is one of their ways to pay their costs, and to make a profit on the website. Think about it...As much as Cl wants to help the Lexus community, it is still a business, and businesses are in business to make a profit. Why would they pay for all of us to use their site for free? Every company has a business model that they need to set forth and follow so that they can continue as a viable entity. Otherwise, they would close down, and we would lose this resource. I don't work for CL, but I do understand....

CL wants to make money whenever you sell stuffs that you make, or something that you tend do as a business.

You know it Steve. BTW, David also tries to make enough to cover his costs, so we should all remember to ocassionally send in a donation, or to buy his products, as he keeps his prices down for the community. This site is not free to operate either. David is just more relaxed about his selling policies on his site, as long as your products are solid. If you plan to continue to sell on his webpage, because think about it...You are gaining your customer base from his efforts, whether you have 1 or 100 customers, it would be courteous of you to contact david and ask him his thoughts about selling as a business on his site. This way you keep in good standing with him and us Moderators, and you don't get a thread locked here, or worse, banned from the site. Several of us OP's know well the issue that was here for a while from one vendor who is no longer allowed on this site.

Ryan

Last edited:
I understand, but keep in mind that CL clearly states in their terms and conditions of membership that you cannot sell parts other than your own from your cars. if you manufacture parts, or buy them and resell them as a business, then you must apply for approval as a paid vendor. This is one of their ways to pay their costs, and to make a profit on the website. Think about it...As much as Cl wants to help the Lexus community, it is still a business, and businesses are in business to make a profit. Why would they pay for all of us to use their site for free? Every company has a business model that they need to set forth and follow so that they can continue as a viable entity. Otherwise, they would close down, and we would lose this resource. I don't work for CL, but I do understand....

You know it Steve. BTW, David also tries to make enough to cover his costs, so we should all remember to ocassionally send in a donation, or to buy his products, as he keeps his prices down for the community. This site is not free to operate either. David is just more relaxed about his selling policies on his site, as long as your products are solid. If you plan to continue to sell on his webpage, because think about it...You are gaining your customer base from his efforts, whether you have 1 or 100 customers, it would be courteous of you to contact david and ask him his thoughts about selling as a business on his site. This way you keep in good standing with him and us Moderators, and you don't get a thread locked here, or worse, banned from the site. Several of us OP's know well the issue that was here for a while from one vendor who is no longer allowed on this site.

Ryan

Yea I do totally understand the whole business side of it. Im just venting. The only thing is, Its not like people are beating down my door for these & im makin a killin. Ive sold 3 total. 1 here 2 there. I just think they could be a little more slack about it until there was some type of actual "business" going on, on a regular basis. The killer thing is that they want like $1500 a month to be a vendor on CL, my mortgage payment isnt $1500 a month & hell there's buildings, to have a business @ here in TX that dont cost $1500 a month, thats just crazy. I would have to sell 8 of these a month just to make $100.00, after paying that. I feel like im a good member here, I have bought a motor,radiator, & tq converter from him, but I will hit him up to see what he thinks. Thanks for the input guys.

Wow! $1500/month will hurt for sure, unless you make $10,000/month on that business. :p I understand like Ryan said why CL charges, but it's still a little bit stiff. I think they can promote more smaller vendors or hobby profit inventors on their site by cutting down the costs. I believe my business model is volume that makes profits. Anyway, if you want to make a few more, then advertise on Ebay. I'm sure you'll get some hits.

Well we will see what happens. Supra Dr pm me back from the message I sent him & said he would pm scott. I dont expect any change, but I can hope. I did post it on ebay.

Ryan

Thank You Ryan, Guys you also have to keep in mind We mod for FREE!
I'm a car/ parts junky & check 3 websites every night looking for deals.
CL asked me to help out & I said sure I'm already there anyway.

These are not my policies, I'm just supposed to help uphold them whether
I agree w/ them or not. Lets face it Scott popped you once for this & I
came in on the back end & picked up on the 2nd time. It's a matter of
time till a S-Mod or Admin sees it & squashes it not as politely as Scott or
I did. Then I'll get the PM of 'Dude WTF'.

OP you may just want to be more tactful & not as obvious when posting
FS items......

Edit

Can't edit my reply....

David I'm not looking to start any trouble here. Just don't want anyone to think I'm out to get them. If my responce was inappropiate please delete.

BTW, been a member for a few years & this place is also a excellent resource - glad to see you keeping it going. I just don't have anything constructive post. Guess I could go in the classifieds & post GLWS a 1000
times - LOL

^^^^^^ Hey man, I got not prob. I know your just doing your job. I just thought I was ok doing what I was doing, after talking to scott. No prob after 1st sale on CL, then a prob after 2nd. Frustrating. Me & you talked on PM, its all good on my end. LOL maybe if I post a big box of BS parts w/the RSB in the middle of the box, & say $200 for the whole box.

there you go now your thinking lol yea i stay on lextreme most of the time but started on cl i have found lextreme is more my style and david if you ever need help let me know?

Thank You Ryan, Guys you also have to keep in mind We mod for FREE!
I'm a car/ parts junky & check 3 websites every night looking for deals.
CL asked me to help out & I said sure I'm already there anyway.

These are not my policies, I'm just supposed to help uphold them whether
I agree w/ them or not. Lets face it Scott popped you once for this & I
came in on the back end & picked up on the 2nd time. It's a matter of
time till a S-Mod or Admin sees it & squashes it not as politely as Scott or
I did. Then I'll get the PM of 'Dude WTF'.

OP you may just want to be more tactful & not as obvious when posting
FS items......

Supra Dr. is right. We all mods for free. We do it because we want to contribute to the community that we loved. It's not an easy job to uphold the rules sometimes. But rules are rules. When I saw your second thread on CL Classified section I knew it going to get nip. David is much more flexible in small business transaction. But do let him know first.
Like Ryan said, we all should help David out by buying his product or donate to help this website running. It's by far the most laid back environment and provide tons of resources to all members.
You made a good product. I enjoy the rear strut bar very much. Just sell it on Ebay if needed to be.

I'm deff interested in buying one of these could you pm me with th price thanks man also I have a 99 sc400 and really want a front strut bar what one are u running that fits? thanks bro

I'm deff interested in buying one of these could you pm me with th price thanks man also I have a 99 sc400 and really want a front strut bar what one are u running that fits? thanks bro

I need to get some more material money together, so I can make more of these. Ill keep you informed. Might be about a month, maybe sooner.

Its been along time since ive done anything with these. But I reworked my design with my CAD program, to fix a couple of small issue's that my first design had. Im trying to finish my new brake setup 14" Stoptech's but if I spend that money. I will not have money for my materials. But if I buy materials, I should be able to sell some of these to get my brake money back. Sure would like to know if there is still some intrest out there for these?

this is why they got mad.
Hello, this is in reference to the rear strut bar thread you started. In the thread you were organizing a possible group by and production run of the RSB. In fact you actually built a fixture. Here on Club Lexus only Vendors are allowed to do this kind of sales. I realize you have not actually started making these but your thread clearly stated you are planning it. Now people are posting up wanting to buy them. Your thread has been removed; please do not re-post it as it was. You are welcome to post pictures of what you are making and get members reactions but anytime it starts leading to you producing multiple parts for sale appropriate action will be taken.

1st off I like those rear bars and would like to have one for my car and surely apprecieate the effort you put in to making it!!

I HATE internet brands as they are money grubbers worse than any "company" I have ever dealt with even lower than used car salesmen:p This a prime example why this platform is under developed due to IB flat out greed which sucks I know as I am working on poly bushings for our subframes and diffs and it looks like I will only be making one set just for my car as IB wanted so much to become a vendor that I would never be able to sell them reasonably:mad: