Rear Strut Tower Bars for SC's I built one.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I found that adjustment bolt i was lookin for. not too bad on price eather, gonna get one & mod my bar, see what happens. might be the new design.

here's that pic, only take enough out of the bar so you get almost full thread on each side @ desired max preload. I think that will work.
171.jpg

Last edited:
I got my aluminum today & got it over to the lazer cutter's. Feet should be cutout & ready to go on thursday or friday. Oh an building another jig for my welder guy tonight.

It was really odd that the RSX bar was perfectly long enough (threaded ends allowed it to fit). It was meant for the front end so it had 2 small bends in it but it's mandrel and very stiff. I had to re-weld the mounts for the bar slightly and re drilled the strut studs. I'd snap a shot but the car is in cali and im out in colorado till next month.

I'm actually on the hunt for an sc300 5-speed or a black/white sc400 auto within the next few weeks.

It was really odd that the RSX bar was perfectly long enough (threaded ends allowed it to fit). It was meant for the front end so it had 2 small bends in it but it's mandrel and very stiff. I had to re-weld the mounts for the bar slightly and re drilled the strut studs. I'd snap a shot but the car is in cali and im out in colorado till next month.

I'm actually on the hunt for an sc300 5-speed or a black/white sc400 auto within the next few weeks.

That cool man glad to hear that your on the way over to the coupe side. So much easier potential w/the 2j but I really like this site & the 1uz alot, i vote vvt-i 400.

Here are acouple of pics of the 2nd one after being welded. I used it to make my welding jig.

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

And here is my box of goodies I got back from the lazer cutter's today.

IMAG0093.jpg

Ok so here is the preload adjustment bolt design. I preloaded it on my welding jig, it seamed to do just fine, but Im on the fence right now w/it right now. Im going to put it in my car tomorrow & see how it does.

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

Well that **** aint gonna work!!!!!!!! when i started preloading it, it started bending down & then it was touching the hard vent line ontop the tank. Well i guess i gotta do something different. Thats why they call it R & D.