Rear oil sumps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kaktus

Hi lads,

I am planning on eventually putting either a 1uz or a 3uz in my Triumph Stag (when the body is more or less sorted), and due to the location of the front crossmember and steering rack on the Stag the only realistic alternative is fitting either engine with a rear sump as that just about should clear the crossmember.

Considering I should quite easily be able to find an LS400 or LS430 as donor car, would the rear sump and oil pickup fit without (or minimal) modification from an SC400? Or would anyone have a better solution to the problem (dry sump too expensive)?

Thanks a mill in advance for any comment or suggestion!

Thanks Gloverman! Well, that will make it easier in that regard for sure, sounds like the 3uz is my best bet for the Stag, especially as I am planning on keeping it stock anyway.

Hi Gloverman,

As mentioned on George’s thread, please do flickr me a pic of the 3uz oil sump when you can.

Thanks a mill in advance!

I finally managed to edit a file down to be small enough to post. Here is a late rear sump , early rear sump , early front sump and late front sump all in a row. I don't have the 2uz , crown mid or 4x4 car sumps at present but have in the past.

Attachments

• All in a row again (2).JPG
    All in a row again (2).JPG
    865.5 KB · Views: 64
Thanks Gloverman, that's brilliant!

From the look of it the late rear sump is probably the best option, but the early rear sump will no doubt fit as well with minimal or no modification. Great anyway to know that the 3uz should by all accounts be the "easiest" engine to shoe horn into the Stag's engine bay... ;)

The engine I started today hadnt run for a couple of years. Had stuck injectors. I manually triggered the injectors to attempt to make them work again which put some extra fuel into the system. Man did it dump a flame when I started it. haha. I was almost standing in the wrong place. Sump video uploading now. It's likely going to be a few hours so ill leave it uploading overnight while I sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job you didn't fry your unmentionables then! :eek:

Been viewing a few of your CartuneNZ videos on Youtube this morning, lots of interesting stuff it must be said. Look forward to the sump video later on then! :)

No mate.

My version was too early.

I punched the plug out of the block and used my old dipstick.

I think this should have been developed 15 years ago when I first did this swap.

This is my 3rd sump