Rear mount turbo on a standard V8 Soarer (SC400)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

johng12

Has anyone done a rear mount turbo on the Lexus SC400 (Soarer V8 in Australia)?
If so then were did you run your cold side pipe?
I have a company in the U.S. that is supplying a Garret 35 type turbo but I am wanting to talk with someone who has done a single rear mount on one of these cars, as it is looking like there is little room to run the cold side return to the intake because of the flat bottom shape of the SC400.
I thought of wrapping both the hot side and the cold side in asbestos substitute wrapping and running them side by side on either side of the tailshaft? What do you think?

drop me an email at [email protected] or p text me on 0411555284 and I will ring you back so we can talk.

By the way, I am running LPG on one of my cars, this is why it is in this section but have also put it in the turbo section of Lextreme, where it should really be.

Last edited:
I would cross the exhaust over at the front and bring a single pipe down the right hand side, run the charge pipe up the left hand side into a front mount cooler and then plumb it into the factory airbox (just epoxy the lid closed) so it looks as close to 100% stock under bonnet as possible

Addicted Performance has just finished one

Addicted Performance in Hallam Victoria has just finsihed one for a customer. Turbo was mounted down stream under the rear seat. If your interested call up Danko 0418527285. From memory car made around 580hp at the wheels with 17psi boost. Regards Ivan

Has anyone done a rear mount turbo on the Lexus SC400 (Soarer V8 in Australia)?
If so then were did you run your cold side pipe?
I have a company in the U.S. that is supplying a Garret 35 type turbo but I am wanting to talk with someone who has done a single rear mount on one of these cars, as it is looking like there is little room to run the cold side return to the intake because of the flat bottom shape of the SC400.
I thought of wrapping both the hot side and the cold side in asbestos substitute wrapping and running them side by side on either side of the tailshaft? What do you think?

drop me an email at [email protected] or p text me on 0411555284 and I will ring you back so we can talk.

By the way, I am running LPG on one of my cars, this is why it is in this section but have also put it in the turbo section of Lextreme, where it should really be.

Addicted Performance in Hallam Victoria has just finsihed one for a customer. Turbo was mounted down stream under the rear seat. If your interested call up Danko 0418527285. From memory car made around 580hp at the wheels with 17psi boost. Regards Ivan
Any link to that project?
Keep in mind that rear mounted turbo has limitations of convenience. It doesn't allow to go in the rain nor dusty areas. Other than that, just do it if that's your only option. lol.

I just had a potentially fun idea. Mount the turbo under the seat as said, but plumb the intake into the trunk area. That would eliminate any issues with outside weather conditions. This setup could benefit from a cabin that's potentially an air conditioned 65 degrees regardless of outside temps. Of course you would have to live with one seriously live sound track behind your head.

That turbo spooling sound will constantly turn you on. And you'll either need to roll down the window or turn on the A/C all the time to cool the turbo heat. lol.