Race Car Replicas SL Coupe w/TT 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OK, here they are - credits to Fran Hall & RCR. Hopefully Fran won't mind seeing his work advertised elsewhere!

A lot of thought, effort and $$ went into that vehicle.

If it has pups, and Fran wants to give away one of the litter, I know where there is a good home ! :smlove2:

Ah ha Cribb, I know we've both been following that, I missed the updates though....

I'm also loving the SL Roadster idea as well with say a MR2 Turbo lump in it or something....

I'd love the see the low price on this replica. With the same body style and a twin turbo setup, I'll vote yes on this over the real one. The power can be matched, but I'm not sure about the handling. I've seen some Lambo replica but didn't get interested due to their bad quality from the exterior to the interior. And the engine sucks!!! They use the weak Fiero engine.

Steve, the beauty of this car is that it's not a replica of anything; it's its own concept.

Personally, the contemporary body styling is not for me as I like a more classic 60's look (GT40, T70, 2F, etc.), but as RMS said, there's no denying that a lot of thought, engineering and $$$ went into it.

When you say thought and engineering are you and RMS commenting on the design of the chassis and/or the overall package? I have heard that RCR makes one of the best quality GT40 kits.....

I love this Superlite Coupe but I don't like buying into something that isn't necessarily proven, I like to know the chassis is top notch and will handle as good as say an Enzo or a Zonda or something otherwise all that power is pointless....

It uses a Porsche G50/52 box by the looks of it, fran also made his own adaptorplate and flywheel package to join the two together, but there are different makes of these availeble at lower cost don't know about quality though, frans always very Very good. porshce's aren't cheap either I know, but there's no real el-cheapo way of pulling this sort of transmission of, unless you go the Lambo Murielago route which will not fit in many vehicle's.

the only downside I see is it's a monocoque desing which in cas of a crash would be a write off sooner than the average well build and desinged spaceframe.

Grtz Thomas

Word is he's got a hold of some Ford GT transmissions and I'm guessing then that he has a bellhousing to mate it to the 1UZ, that would be cool.

We know that a STOCK Ford GT can take 1000bhp.... so at the end of the day a built G50 transmission to take that kinda power may be nearing the 7250 quid mark and I'd rather have the brand new transmission thanks!

New porsche transmissions are stil availeble if you know where to look.

the box in the pic is 100% a porsche G50 unit, fran told me it is.

and for the kind of money that a stock GT box costs I would seriously consider having a second hand hewland-LG600 or E-lite box
nothing wrong with ford parts but if you have a 1000hp you'd probably want more in time anyway. + good luck finding a bellhousing to mate a GT box to a 1uz,

porsche ones are easy convert, very well build and also handle up to and well over 900hp, remember Majoola's twin turbo 1uz ultima GTR with porsche G50,
10K euro should sort you out and save the money over ford GT conversion.

good box just to expensive and not conversion friendly.

Grtz Thomas

Oh yeah I know the one in the pics is a G50 but like I say, word is he is experimenting with the Ford GT transmission and if he is, I'll be he has a bellhousing as well....

Granted there are plenty of other options out there, but like you say, all second hand or nearly new and fetching pretty much the same price as a brand new ford unit which is known in stock form to handle 1000bhp *STOCK*.

I'd much rather go for something like that than firstly finding a porsche G50 unit and then spending the money getting it rebuilt and in the end technically still ending up with something that is second hand, 10k euro's works out to just a bit under 7k..... why not save all the hassle and just buy a Ford GT unit and be done with it.