Project Thread Toyota Celica RA29 1UZ Build

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

drr999

decided to go this way for the next motor to go into my celica. it is currently in the process of getting a 91 ls400 1uz, manual rack and pinion steering and a roll/harness bar. by friend is doing the fab work because i dont trust my welding enough for sturctural work but for small body repair it is fine.

IMG_2321_zps504b9c85.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2322_zps01d6a5bc.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2418_zps91c7669c.jpg
[/IMG]

well its been a while since i posted but swap is almost done. the motor is fully in and after trying to make the factory harness work, with no luck, i went to MS3/MS3x ecu. Almost done wiring it in. Still not sure what coils i am going to be using. I have a set of LSx coils from a Yukon Denali but i want a cleaner look then what those will give me. I'm leaning towards a set of 2uz COP coils because they will fit under the covers. anyways that's where its at

Go with the 2uz coils, it's what I'm running. Biggest thing though is there's some misinformation out there about the Toyota logic coils and running 2.5-3ms dwell time, that much was actually blowing my MS3pro internal fuse under load, dropped it down to 1.8-2.0ms and it doesn't blow the fuse anymore. Haven't got it totally dialed in but those values seem to work much better