Quickest & Fastest SC400 on Dragtimes.com

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rdm20fan

Well I took the SC400 back to the track last Wednesday 9-24-14 and I let a little more air out of the slicks. 17psi, and I was more aggressive with the launch.
It resulted it an 11.269 @ 131 mph with 21psi
With a 1.675 sec 60 foot.
The launch was awesome. It knocked the air out of me.
I immediately knew it was going to be a good run.

I'm pretty happy with what the car has done so far.
I'm still hoping to get a few more shots at the track before the weather gets to cold here in Chicago.
Maybe I can pull off a high 10 second pass.
Wish me luck.

80-image_50dec9d4e20104043c0fc502d618326eed560b70.jpg

Thanks Justin, It is a pretty good 60 foot.
It knocked the wind out of me with the 1.67 60 foot. Guess I wasn't ready for it.
I am running a full slick. M/T ET drags.

I was looking on Dragtimes.com, and the fastest MPH on an SC300 was about 145mph in the 1/4 mile
I think I might try and see if I can get the 400 to run a little bit faster.
The SC300 was running a powerglide, and a 9.40 I think.
It might take me a little bit to get ET's that quick. LOL

Hey Guys,
My Buddy Chris and I were kind of stumped as to why we couldn't get the boost over 20 psi. We took a quick look at the blow off/waste-gate set up we have on the car, and we didn't see a problem.
We figured at the track, that we had just reached the limit of the turbos.

After I pulled the data I couldn't see it being the limit of the turbo's as the boost would rise very quickly and then hit 20, and stop flat.
As I looked at it I assumed that if I were reaching the limit of the turbo's the boost would reach 20 psi more slowly, and be more of a curved line.

We went back looked at the waste-gate, and found out that the boost was just overcoming the spring pressure, and needed some stiffer springs. That and the diaphragm was torn.
I ordered a new diaphragm for $16, and found a couple stiffer springs. I should have it in this weekend, and hopefully I get at least one more chance to take her to the track.
We are going to try to put a little more boost to the motor with out blowing it up. (Knock on wood)
I'm really hoping to get her to run a 10 something before the year is up.

Bob