Seller Feedback Quantum-Auto.com (Jake Breyck) No customer service to be found

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MKII_Supra

I (Mike O'Brien) have been in a transaction with Jake Breyck (of Quantum-Auto.com) over the past two months about a w58 to 1UZ transmiussion adapter I was told was in stock and ready to ship out the following monday. The payment was sent on Feb 1st, and now on March 30, I have not had any responce from Jake in 42 days regarding my follow up emails I have sent regarding the money I sent him for my product.

The quotes below denote the email conversations that have been exchanged in full.

Mike O'Brien to Quantum-Auto's Email said:
Feb 1, 2012 9:49 PM:

I see that there is a 2-6 week waiting period for one of these pieces to be machined. Would you happen to have any available right now?

Thanks,

-Mike O'Brien

Jake Breyck said:
Feb 1, 2012 10:24 PM:

the adapter plates alone yes i do. full kits i do not at the moment.

Mike O'Brien said:
Feb 1, 2012 10:50 PM:

Awesome ( WOW on the fast reply). I can't seem to figure out how to order through the site. (I can add to cart, but can't seem to check out)

Do you guys do paypal? I can pay imediately through paypal, otherwise will have to wait the 4-5 days to have funds transfered to my checking account.

If you can, could you send an invoice for just the W58 to 1UZ bellhousing adapter with shipping to the following adress:

Mike O'Brien
Blah Blah ST
Donahue IA, 52746

PayPal is [email protected]

Of course, this set still comes with the Howe spacer and bellhousing to transmission hardware?

Thanks so much!

-Mike O'Brien

Jake Breyck said:
Feb 1, 2012 10:57 PM:

invoice sent. I prolly not get to ship it until Monday

Mike O'Brien said:
Feb 1, 2012 11:02 PM:

No problem, Monday will be fine.

Payment sent, and thanks!

-Mike

Mike O'Brien said:
Feb 15, 2012 8:53 AM:

Hey Jake,

I ordered a W58-1UZ trans adapter on the 1st (2/01/2012), and havent seen or heard anything about shippment. Just checking in to make sure everything is moving, as I was told it would ship monday 2/6/2012.

Thanks,

Mike O'Brien

Mike O'Brien said:
Feb 17, 2012 10:01 AM:

Jake,

I still have no updates on the adapter. I can appreciate that Quantum is a small venture, and probably not your day job. If you need more time for my adapter just let me know. At this stage, it is more important to me to know when I am going to recieve it rather than recieve it right away.

Thanks,

-Mike O'Brien

Jake Breyck said:
Feb 17, 2012 8:11 PM:

yes you are correct it is a side thing. im way behind right now but im
working on getting stuff out. it shouldn't be any more then about a
week at this point. sorry for the wait.

Mike O'Brien said:
March 5, 2012 3:57 PM:

Jake, it has been well over two weeks since your last update telling me no more than a weeks time. I have went against my best judgment, and placed my faith in you by not filing a paypal dispute within my window. Please do not let me regret it.

-Mike

Mike O'Brien said:
March 26, 2012 4:42 PM:

Jake,

It has been well over a month since you last sent me this email noting me of "no more than a week" for my trans adapter. I am at a loss of words at this point over the "customer service" I am recieving over the $345 I sent to you Feb 1st for a product I have yet to see.

I need to see a tracking number by the end of this buisness week for my product, or I need a full refund.

It would be best for you to make good on this.

Regards,

-Mike O'Brien

Amazing, how when I expressed my willingness to send him $345 of my money, he was able to respond within the hour to me.

I have no idea what my money has gotten me at this point. Although the money is somewhat bothering, the bigger issue is that Jake has completely wasted my time. I am sure many people can appreciate a schedule or plan that is detailed out when doing a major build, and how things can be ruined quickly when that schedule is derailed over a bad transaction.

I am not extremely angry, just entirely taxed and annoyed that I cannot move on with my build due to the false hopes sent by this merchant.

I hope Jake can still make good on this in a timely fashion, by either sending me my product or refunding me in full.

-Mike O'Brien

Hate to say it, but you should have bought your kit from me. If you can get your money refunded I'll have more plates machined next weekend.
Also you can ask anyone that's ever bought a kit from me, I always return missed calls and text messages.

No matter if this gets sorted out or not, I will most likely be getting what I need from you real soon. I simply can't keep waiting to get this important step of the build finished.

Thanks,

-Mike

Today (March 30, 2012) at 8:17 PM, Jake (Quantum-Auto.com) refunded my original payment in full via Paypal.

Although it is not the way I wish the transaction ended, I am happy he made good on my request to either ship the unit out or refund my order.

Thanks to everyone for the help and support!

-Mike

/thread

Well, my PayPal refund was pending untill today ( April 4th), but has now been pushed to "pending until April 17."

What a joke. What good is a refund if you don't have the money in your account.

Thanks Jake.

-Mike

Just got an email from PayPal conerning the refund:

PayPal said:
April 4, 2012 11:23 AM

Hello Mike O'Brien,

An eCheck payment from Jacob Lindeke was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment

Sounds like Jake has already put my money to other uses for himself. I gave him an email, will see if he responds. If he doesn't, I will see about getting the authorities involved if need be.

Also, he appears to have two last names? (Buisness and contacts say jake Breyck, but Paypal says Jake Lindeke?)

-Mike

I have a full kit sitting here with your name on it.
and I'll make you a deal, I'll send out the kit, and you pay me when it gets there. How's that for a confidence builder lol.

Email From PayPal said:
April 11, 2012 11:07AM

Hello Mike O'Brien,

The refund sent by Jacob Lindeke ([email protected]) did not clear from the
sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal
account.

Please contact Jacob Lindeke regarding this refund.

-----------------------------------
Refund details:
-----------------------------------

Amount: $345.00 USD
Sender: Jacob Lindeke
Sender's email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: blah blah
Transaction date: Mar 30, 2012

Thanks,

PayPal

What a joke. Live and learn everyone, I will for sure be a smarter buyer from now on.

4U2, I will be getting in touch with you soon! Also, what is your first name? (I like to be on first name basis)

-Mike

Jake's business partner / associate "RedPhoenix" is still a member here and has been very quiet throughout all this, although his last visit to the site was as recent as yesterday.

You might try contacting him about a resolution.

What a joke. Live and learn everyone, I will for sure be a smarter buyer from now on.

4U2, I will be getting in touch with you soon! Also, what is your first name? (I like to be on first name basis)

-Mike
My name is brandon woodrow james elzner. :) a little more than a first name lol

Jake's business partner / associate "RedPhoenix" is still a member here and has been very quiet throughout all this, although his last visit to the site was as recent as yesterday.

You might try contacting him about a resolution.

red pheonix (matt) pretty much has nothing to do with quantum, and is basically in shock at recent events. He also is buying a R154 kit from me....

In addition I spoke with two other people on the phone yesterday who jake owes parts to.....

red pheonix (matt) pretty much has nothing to do with quantum, and is basically in shock at recent events. He also is buying a R154 kit from me....

Since when? The early posts in the Jake Breyck - Quantum Auto complaint thread would indicate differently.

Perhaps he has nothing to do with Quantum Auto "now", but in 2009 and earlier he was actively participating with Jake / Quantum Auto on a "we & us" basis.

Have a look at post #4, which was by Matt, in an attempt to rectify another of Jake's/Quantum's "situations" involving a screwed up flywheel and refund: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=98995&postcount=4

A few more details have popped up in a similar thread I started on celicasupra.com:

Original thread:

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...(Jake-Breyck)-No-customer-service-to-be-found

pejsa said:
just google his name and came to this site wanted to say I'm having the SAME problem

ordered over $1100 in parts on 2-24-12

waited 6 weeks

was told i was being refunded on 3-30-12

the refund was denied by the sellers bank 4-4-12

refund denied again 4-11-12

filed a claim against him 4-11-12 (won't have my money back for another 10-12 days)

bogus company phone number. and seller does not respond to emails.

this guy is a con-artist, and i wish there was a way for him to get whats coming to him. i severely pissed off at the way this guy conducts business..... is there anybody who has had a good transaction with him?

Also, a good member on our forum who is local to Tampa (where Jake susposedly has been doing his "buisness") has been doing some research of his own on seperate forums.

look what i just found out.

joeyk said:
Look in the builds and projects on supraforums he is posting all his new parts..........

_Victor_ said:
Im almost certain Jake now works at "Bold Performance" in tampa maybe try giving them a call.

At this point, I am reaching out to everyone on seperate forums who would like to pool together all the information we have about how Jake has frauded us all, and contact the Tampa police department. Remember everyone, he is runnign as a BUISNESS, and therfore can be subject to law by his local police. If anyone has any information, transactions, persons or details they would like to contribute, I ask that you please detail them in full (pool email converstations or transaction details into a single document or email) and email me (Mike O'Brien) at:

[email protected]

Hopefully I can get enough information to spark the interest of the Tampa police, and we can try to levy some justice for ourselves.

Thanks,

-Mike O'Brien

Powered & Mike, please don't take this the wrong way, but with all the bad press about these guys and their company (not just here on Lextreme but elsewhere on the 'net) I really don't understand how anybody continues to be reeled in by them.

You'd think before someone hits that "Send" button in PayPal they'd do their due diligence and do a Google on "Quantum Auto" or "Jake Breyck" and see what comes up.

Not just these guys, but any vendor that you're about to send more than a couple hundred to......

Maybe we need to make this and the other Quantum thread a sticky to keep it at the top of this subforum to help those with short memories.

Powered & Mike, please don't take this the wrong way, but with all the bad press about these guys and their company (not just here on Lextreme but elsewhere on the 'net) I really don't understand how anybody continues to be reeled in by them.

You'd think before someone hits that "Send" button in PayPal they'd do their due diligence and do a Google on "Quantum Auto" or "Jake Breyck" and see what comes up.

Not just these guys, but any vendor that you're about to send more than a couple hundred to......

Maybe we need to make this and the other Quantum thread a sticky to keep it at the top of this subforum to help those with short memories.

When I started researching my project time and time again Quantum Auto came up. When I searched Quantum Auto you get no bad feed back. Its only when you search Quantum-Auto.com you do. So that teamed with the fact I wanted to get the engine and box in I guess I rushed it a fair bit.

Also Quantum-Auto.com are the only company that would ship to the uk.

And I have met Jake in person...In Tampa. I saw his MK III with the V8 swap in it a long time ago. He seemed like a nice enough guy at the time, but these posts of consistent and outright fraud confirms that Jake and Quantum are extremely unscrupulous and prey on the unsuspecting that want specialized 1UZ parts for their projects. I agree with John...Sticky it and make sure we keep him off this forum.

If you guys want 1UZ parts, get them from David (Lextreme), if he has them. He always backs up everything he selkls...ALWAYS! Or, ask around on this forum for direction, as we care about the owners and their cars on this forum.

Ryan