Quad Turbo??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pajman

I'm not far off finishing my current project and already planning the next.
Thinking outside the square , two sets of twin turbos off 6 cylinder supra . Apparently these are sequential , I'm thinking the second turbo comes on after the first . So what about this on the V8 but 2 lots (quad turbo!) is it silly , or a challenge . Next thing is a car , Capri , Supra or even a Lexus . I haven't made up my mind re the choice of car, but the 1UZ just seems to be the motor to go for once again.

pajman, I clicked on this thread expecting to discourage you... instead... I like this idea for a cheap and unique 800hp capable setup.
Plus, you will have bragging rights over all your buddies (unless one has a Veyron!)

Packaging is the issue as the 2jz being inline has room for the turbos. You will likely need to split the turbos up and likely create your own staged system or just run them as a single stage with slower boost.

The more I look into it the more I like it the twin turbos on the six look small , but that might make things easier to mount four of them on the 1uz. Am thinking if they're tucked in just below the exhaust . Could be interesting making an engine mount that allows this tho.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 24
Here's a pic of a twin set up , they look to be quite small , note the exhaust outlet . Another thing that comes to mind is the inlet manifold , maybe a double throttle body .........

I'd assume you plan on running an intercooler so you could still run a single Throttle Body.

Whilst interesting and a challenge I wouldn't expect too much from it.

Yeah I gave to say every single turbo 2J setup I have been in has been more impressive than the stock twin setup. The 2J setup is also horrendously complex and you won't get an ECU to replicate that type of control on the UZ.

As Zuffen says, it will be a challenging exercise for interests sake only. A simpler twin T setup with a modern turbo will produce a far superior result with a zillion less headaches.

Unfortunately I am here to deter you and save you many grey hairs and wasted coin :)

Haha got too many greys ,and no money already ..........if I did get a TT Supra , and another set of Turbos ....plus the V8 . Then sell the six to partially fund ECU etc .....I'm a stubborn old bugger so probably will go down the path to at least give it a go............

Why not build it non-sequential? Quad equal balanced small turbos. Are yours the JDM turbos? Once you get that going you can decide if you want to tackle some sort of sequential layout. Like I said, bragging rights... "yeah, got the quad turbo V8 over here!"

Yeah , was thinking that as well four little GTO or Stealth ones . They are placed one on each side tucked into the bottom of the V so again why not two on each. My current project came about from an idea , and sure enough it's working out (touch wood) So champing at the bit to get the current project going and get onto this next dream

Good old google has found me more info. The 1JZ-GTE came with parallel turbos and the R154 gearbox. We get the engines, gearbox etc here in NZ for a good price so still thinking ..............

Yeah ,but everyone who turbos does one or two ............but four that offers some challenges. Reliability would concern me too, anyway still in the dreaming phase right now .