Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Very progressive, Ryan! Way to go! Your garage isn't any worse than mine. LOL.

Thanks Steve. In person, it is absolutely stunning!! The car looks mean, but understated. Just what I wanted to accomplish.

That front end is gorgeous Ryan - first time I've ever felt I needed to put on sunglasses just to look at an Internet photo!

The hood looks great too. Very understated and elegant.

Thanks John. Jack Gonzalez can definitely paint!! There are several coats of $900 per gallon clear on that car, especially on the hood and the bumper. It is looking good, and if all goes well, we will start the car next weekend...If I can get the water pipes made by then.

Ryan

Attachments

• autos_content_landing_pages-329268311-1214591746.jpg
    autos_content_landing_pages-329268311-1214591746.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 210
  • autos_content_landing_pages-900706903-1214591899.jpg
    autos_content_landing_pages-900706903-1214591899.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 210
I know I said I would not post up a pic of the modified lights until the project is done, which is very soon now, but I want to post up a teaser for you so you can get a little bit of a taste of what is to come...

New1.jpg

Ryan

Just a quick update. We reinstalled the headers back into the car after getting them back from the ceramic coaters. That was a serious pain in the ass, especially the drivers side. Put all new studs in place and bolted the manifolds back on. I hope I never have to take those manifolds off again...

Ryan

Just a quick update. We reinstalled the headers back into the car after getting them back from the ceramic coaters. That was a serious pain in the ass, especially the drivers side. Put all new studs in place and bolted the manifolds back on. I hope I never have to take those manifolds off again...

Ryan
Please tell me about it. I had to do it so many times on my car. Aching back, neck, arms...It's a great wrestling. :tongue:

Hey gang, just a quick update....I worked late last night, and am still energzed, so want to post p a little on my thread....
  1. Re-installed the up pipes, turbos and downpipe. Even though we marked them, still a bit painful, but not anywhere near the manifolds. Looking good. I will post up pics over the weekend.
  2. Polished the radiator and the cooling fan shroud. Ready fro re-install.
  3. Received my final 2 gauges, a DEFI Link Fuel Pressure Gauge
  4. A new AFR from Innovate is replacing my AEM Uego. Innovate makes some of the most accurate gauges around.
  5. Got back the recovered headliner with the black perforated suede installed on it, as well as the Sunroof slider. Kick a$$ look!!
  6. Cleaned and repaired the carpet, every staple is in place, carpet is mint
  7. New Modded Headlights are complete and shipping back to me
A note about my interior guy....He is the BOMB!! Phenomenal work. Wiat till you see the interior and the new gauge pod!! This man is the best interior man I have run across. Worth every penny he charges, and yet he is very reasonably priced. He has come up with a much better way to install the 2 6.5 inch MB Quart Woofers in the doors. I got rid of the pods. Much better look and finish!! My hat is off to WIlson Figueroa, the total BOMB and SHYTE of interior work!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Ryan

I am running 6.5'' MB quart Q's front/back in my car. I just removed my front pods and made a wall of dynamat to seal the door panels but how did the sc fit them? I remember my old sc was a PAIN to fit larger speakers.

I have MB Quarts in the front and rear, 3-way in front, and 2-way in rear. The 6.5" are now installed in the very front of the huge Map pocket in the door. The smaller 4" Quarts are in the stock box. It looks real nice, and since it is mainly base, being right there is a great place. There is room in the door, and it should not impede the sound. It will also look awesome.

Ryan

Oops, I have 4'' in my rears... stated same size for both. I found that the stock 4'' pods are pretty high end. They have a port matched enclosure with lots of internal sound channeling. IMO the stock enclosure size put out the decimal levels my front 6.5's w/o the boxes do.

Sounds like you left no area unmodified! Stereo pics?

Oops, I have 4'' in my rears... stated same size for both. I found that the stock 4'' pods are pretty high end. They have a port matched enclosure with lots of internal sound channeling. IMO the stock enclosure size put out the decimal levels my front 6.5's w/o the boxes do.

Sounds like you left no area unmodified! Stereo pics?

Thanks for the props and the info on your system. Yeah, tough to beat MB Quart. I have really tried to leave no ston unturned here.

Looking good Ryan..... Keep it up....

Thanks David. Pics coming today.

Ryan

Hey gang. Another update. We replaced the sheet metal screws that bwere holding the fuel lines in place with rivets last night. Much cleaner install.

We also hooked up the battery to the car and tested the fuel pumps and pressurized the whole fuel system. No leaks or fumes at all, both pumps fired right up and pumped the fuel. We adjusted fuel pressure to 43.5 lbs for now, and let it run for several minutes. Everything worked like a charm! Onw more thing completed.
Also getting the pieces of the interior completed. Both airbags are dyed black, as I could not locate them in black to match the black interior I am fitting into the car, and they look great. I am changing the chrome logo on the steering wheel airbag to gloss black to match up with the theme in the interior.
The 6.5 inch speakers are custom installed in the doors, the grommets, insulation, baffling and padding is al installed and it looks great. Also not in the way like my previous experiment with the fiberglass pods installed in the front bottom carpet section of the doors. This is so much cleaner, and kind of stealthy. I am very pleased.
Here are some pics of the various pieces. All the suede is black perf:
Rear Deck:
Picture001-3.jpg
Headliner:
Picture007-3.jpg
Sunroof Slider:
Picture006-3.jpg
Close up detail of headliner:
Picture008-2.jpg
Detail of perf pattern:
Picture005-3.jpg
Ryan

Here are some pics of the passenger airbag cover and the 2 6.5" speakers re-mounted in a much better place on the door. The front is a 3-way MB Quart, the rear is a 2-way MB Quart.
Airbag now in black:
Picture009-1.jpg
Various speaker mount pics:
Newspeakermount1.jpg
Newspeakermount3.jpg
Sorry for the phone quality pics of the speakers. I did not have my good camera with me.
Ryan

WOW Ryan, you have an amazing ride going on your hands. You have alot more patiance than I have. Being able to have your car down for that many years building it to the level you are taking it to. It will all be totally worth it in the end though.

Thanks Guys!!

Another update:
  • Awaiting the second set of turbo gaskets, on backorder. Expecting them in this week.
  • Had a problem deciding how to route and what materials to make the radiator pipes out of. Came up with a solution that should work excellent and not cost a pure fortune. More to come on that.
  • The interior parts are mostly complete. The gauge pod is almost done and it is sharp. Matches the theme I have tried to maintain. I have some pics from my camera phone, poor quality, but enough to see the quality of the workmanship on this custom unit. Should look almost OEM when completed. Keep in mind that the face plate is not yet finished. there will be no uneven areas or seams to show when completed. Also, the gaues will all be angled towards me.
  • The lights are being modified a little more, and may end up with a touch of real carbon fiber in the inner housing....just a touch as an accent, not too much.
More to come....

Gaugepod1.jpg

Gaugepod2.jpg

Gaugepod3.jpg

Gaugepod4.jpg

Gaugepod5.jpg

Ryan

Hey Steve, that sucks. So should every driver of a 635i get ticketed for obstructing the view?

I know it is a little big, I am still working out the final size and outcome of the pod.

dashboard.jpg

Ryan

My cousin just got a ticket for $600 for mounting the GPS on the center dash. The ticket was for obstruction of view. He got it in CA.