Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The results of the show...

Before I post the results, I want to comment on a couple of things...I know a lot of you have followed my build for years! I know it took a very long time, but to me, it was a journey well with traveling. I know you all want the dyno sheet. I promise you wil get it. But not today. I changed out the fuel pumps from dual Walbro 255's to dual Denso Supra TT's. car needs a good time to tweak her up. Should be done in the next week or two.

I will start a new thread that will be the official reveal thread with high res pics, and finish it off with a video and the dyno sheet.

For now, as Forrest Gump said, " I'm tired". So I am going to retire for the night. Here's the rest of the pics for now...

BTW, the SBN was my first car show, and it is a National event. I attended with the hope of winning a trophy f some kind. When the judges first came by and asked me about my car, they informed me I would compete ith the "Big Boys ". The Ultimate Class right off the bat. I thought, " Gee whiz", the toughest class in the show! I decided to just take t in stride and put my best foot forward. I did not get judged until Sunday morning. When they reviewed my car, they were tough, and checked for the minutest specks of dust and dirt. My spirits dropped...Then, late Sunday afternoon, all the judges came back to my car and reviewed my car again...Here are the results:

1) SC400TT placed 1st place in the Ultimate Asian Class!
2) SC400TT WON BEST OF SHOW!

I was totally stoked! What a weekend!!!:woot::woohoo::D

6208b17ad32f2061e0f8f3fbebb277da.jpg

Just to finish off this post, a great "Rear" shot to leave you all with...

b2a72cf8e7c7f92335150bc6fa10c2b4.jpg

Ryan

I have been told that the denso supra pumps are capable of higher pressures when compared to the walbro. The original regulator setting could have caused the higher pressure.

Nice! Those Walbro pumps were the only thing that wasn´t a 100% quality product on your car.
Denso performs better and are far more reliable than walbro´s.
Remember that these pumps have two speeds on the Supra TT´s, maybe that high current at start made that difference.

Check fuel reg capacity, working correctly..

Thanks guys for your suggestions...Found the issue...When I sent off the loom, I requested a Mil Spec male/female connector between it and the harness inside the cabin. I have concluded that this type of connector is only good in certain temp ranges, and in conditions that do not move it around much. Dan found that one of the pins connecting the harnesses together moved out of place by a 16th of an inch...It caused an intermittent conncection and caused spark to be intermittent as well. moved the pin in place, and everything fired right up! Gonna remove that connector completely, and re-wire the harnesses with direct splicing and soldering of each individual wire. it will also provide a lot more room so that the floor panel will fit back in place an protect the computers from passengers feet...

Ryan

Last edited:
here are a few pics of it...

Rewired Engine loom from Dr. Tweak of Phoenix Tuning. What a job...Plug-n-play for both stand alones, 20 new stock Toyota clips, wired in the new Delphi injector clips as well.

Harness_3.jpg

Harness_2.jpg

Harness_1.jpg

Ryan

Yes I am. No issues until one of the pins came loose from moving that thing over frequently. It seems the glue loosed up around the pin. Just going to remove it.

Ryan

Delayed progress as I was on a cruise in the Bahamas and just returned.Had a lot of fun. Met great people, ate and drank a lot...:p

I will be entering the car back into another show this weekend. Wish me luck, but not until I have the dyno numbers, the video and the Professional photos. I saw a few of the pro pics and they are awesome!

In the meantime, I took a few pics of the car while at Raw Brokerage today...Enjoy, I certainly did! :D

891a699ab7a69b1005955323c8f7c713.jpg

f418d5a087f6efd273dff959b167beba.jpg

d37b72380a3c7ea8b69cbae6ed127cf4.jpg

70a36436ed9de678fc5ff4ec006571a4.jpg

f418d5a087f6efd273dff959b167beba.jpg

I finally got to the dyno.

Remember, we changed from the Greddy ProFec B to a Haltech MAC Solenoid based Boost controller. So, a lot less boost than before, but a much better tune.

At spring rate of the turbos, which is around 10 lbs, I believe, Darin tuned my car to 391 WHP and 556 foot lbs of torque at 4928 rpm.

We could not get the boost to go up above spring rate. So we stopped. I am making sure the wiring is connected properly to the ECU and the Boost controller.

Car drives the smoothest and best I have experienced since I got it running again.

More to come.

Ryan

Last edited:
Very good . To have more boost above spring pressure you need pressure ( another hose) on other side of diaphragm . Then EBC is tuned to desired boost .. Nice torque numbers at low rpm ... Be very streetable power .