Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
xtremeboost said:
WOW ! ! ! Thats a really long wait just to get something welded , good luck man .....
Hello Frank:

How is the new shop? I haven't seen you in a while...Glad you are lurking around on Lextreme's site...Yeah, I have gotten a bit frustrated with this guy. I laid out the plan for him, he agreed to a price and time, and he has had my car now for 68 days...I hope he will get this done soon...I am a bit tired of waiting.

Ryan

Dropped off the block, crank and rods at the Machine shop today, CW Pence...great machining, these guys do quality work, know their stuff, and their prices are reasonable too. Understand that this is all these guys do every day, machine, clean and restore engines...They really know their stuff...When I had my buddy Chaz drop off the block, Jeffrey at CW Pence told me he had never seen the 1UZFE before, and now that he has seen the block, he cannot understand why any Supra guy would want to build a 1JZ or 2JZ over this engine. He was lextremely impressed with the engineering Toyota put into this engine. He said if he had a Supra, he would definitely build this moter and drop it in...

He did not like the rods for my application, but my plans are to replace the rods with Pauter forged rods anyway...So, we are all good.

There was a slight delay in the headers, I should have them mid next week.

WIll update you as we go...:veryhappy

Ryan

David, I take after you...My idol, LOL

Wish we could get enough interest in a group buy on them, or better yet, the Carrilos...:wtf: :mischievo

Ryan

Guys, been moving the last 5 days...whew!!

Got my precious headers in...They look great, just need to test fit them and weld the tacks. Besides that, look for pics within the next few weeks...

I am excited, I am excited!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thanks,

Ryan

Well gents, I have not posted in this thread for a long time...Mainly due to being very busy with building my new house, moving in to it, and work. Lots of things to do, finding the right time to schedule...that is the challenge. Anyway, I also did not post here because of my massive frustration with trying to get my project engineered properly...That has taken 12 months, cost me much extra money, and much time. The headers I originally was getting done turned out to be much less than optimal, and fitting them within the confines of the very limited space of the SC400 engine compartment was extremely difficult, especially when keeping the AC compressor in place. Anyway, I wanted to post up some pics of the properly engineered headers for my project for you all to see. I estimate 2-4 weeks to complete Stage 1. Here you go...

LMT_Headers_1.jpg

LMT_Headers_2.JPG

LMT_Headers_4.JPG

Ryan

Here are a couple more...

LMT_Headers_5.JPG

LMT_Headers_6.JPG

Let me know your feedback...

Ryan

Attachments

• 22R-1.jpg
    22R-1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 22R-2.jpg
    22R-2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3
  • camry.jpg
    camry.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5
Up late, huh Frank? Yeah, I agree with you. Expect a call from me tomorrow to see if you have time to hook up. I had to take one of the headers over to Superior Metal Fabricating today to make an extra set of Cat flanges since the ones I ordered are on backorder. They are supposed to be done by this Friday. Well hitting the hay. Tired...

Ryan

Its too bad your fabricator took so long. I spent 45 minutes and i almost got 50% done on one side. I stopped because i am still waiting for some more different sizes of pipes and having difficulty finding 2.0" V-Bands.

SC470TT%20004.jpg
SC470TT%20003.jpg
SC470TT%20005.jpg
More details on my progress right here When finished, they will look very similar to these headers except with V-Band.
LMT_Headers_1.jpg

Lextreme said:
Its too bad your fabricator took so long. I spent 45 minutes and i almost got 50% done on one side. I stopped because i am still waiting for some more different sizes of pipes and having difficulty finding 2.0" V-Bands.

SC470TT%20004.jpg
SC470TT%20003.jpg
SC470TT%20005.jpg
More details on my progress right here When finished, they will look very similar to these headers except with V-Band.
LMT_Headers_1.jpg
Yeah, Dave...I gotta agree with you there...he took a loooooooooong time. But, there is a lesson in all things, so rather than me having a bad attitude about it, I am now choosing to enjoy the journey. Less Stress.

Ryan