Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lextreme probably didn't mean to offend, but I agree with him wholeheartedly.

By planning out everything on paper, you can save alot of money and time. Not to say there won't be problems while building, but you will definitely encounter less problems if it's all on paper before you start.

I think what Lextreme meant was that you would have encountered this design flaw if you had properly desgined the system on paper prior.

There have been a few times if I hadn't designed something on paper first, I would have never noticed it was physically impossible to machine.

However, I'm no mind reader. Otherwise, I would have have hit it big at Vegas a long time ago ;)

Gents:

Here are a few pics of my GT2871R turbos, Greddy SR exhaust and my FMIC from Bell Intercoolers...

14818P2070379-med.JPG

14818P2070381-med.JPG

14818P2070380-med.JPG

14818P2070384-med.JPG

when i do my next ic for a twin-- i will probably be making the ic alot like this one.. it makes plumbing easier and will make the install cleaner.. nice ryan--now get back to work..

Finishing up the stereo upgrade...unbelieveable amount of work!!! Never again. I will pay to install it next time...

All flanges have come in. The new radiator is in...All aluminum, perfect fit.

The Dual Flex-a-Lite's have come in.

My baby is going to the welder/fabricator for all plumbing finally this Wednesday!!!

Ryan

I'm not very mechanically inclined (I've had minimal under the hood experiece in my 15 years) but what are the new flanges for? Not the turbo, correct? The GT40 was the one in need of custom flanges, IIRC.

This might be minor, but I've always see the 'gills' on FMICs set horizontally, left to right. Is there any signifigance to the vertical 'gills'?

Will you be at the East Coast meet this summer?

How'd she do today? All plumbing done?

Thanks. Good luck.

It will be a few days to complete the plumbing...

Flanges were for the headers-they connect up to the turbos...Using 2 GT2871R turbos, not the GT40. More efficient use of plumbing for the intercooler, as well as better cooling for my application.

When is the East Coast meet? Where is it? I will probably go...

Ryan

SC400T said:
It will be a few days to complete the plumbing...

Flanges were for the headers-they connect up to the turbos...Using 2 GT2871R turbos, not the GT40. More efficient use of plumbing for the intercooler, as well as better cooling for my application.

When is the East Coast meet? Where is it? I will probably go...

Ryan
It's in the signature line of one of the CL members. I don't remember the exact date, but it's supposed to be in the D.C. area. I'd like to try to bring my SC4 up for the meet as well. Should be fun.

Whats the latest news?? Are you far off from a start up and dyno run. Eager to hear your findings.

Attachments

• Gear ratio calculator.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
krayn said:
Whats the latest news?? Are you far off from a start up and dyno run. Eager to hear your findings.
The welder had a family emergency that took him out of town for about 2 weeks now...He is planning to be back this weekend. He should complete the welding of the headers, IC tubing, down pipes and the exhausts within about 1 - 2 more weeks...this has been a slow process. Once he is done, I will install the water and oil lines to the two turbos, the electronics and the rest of the accessories necessary to make this car run.

That will be stage 1. Stage 2 will be in September this year.

Ryan

hey ryan-- i was finnally able to get online here in greece-- glad to see the net again..it was a challange getting online here where im at--but alas, im all about challanges..anyway,,il keep an eye on the thread,, see how its coming along..
like i said before,, dont worry if the welder is flaking out/taking to long-- i will make sure it gets done..
talk to you guys later..

im sure ryan is having "birthing pains" of sort.. the welder had to take a week or 2 away from the car for some family bussiness.. like i said before,, he,(ryan) is at the mercy of the welder/fab guy.. although the project can seem like a huge undertaking--one step at a time is the way to finish these projects.. trying to get something done evryday is how i undertake large projects.. but, how motivated is the welder to try and get this done and finished?.. i know ryan has been very fair with the welder-in my opinion..

I've been waiting 3 months for my TIG man to do some work on my bellhousing. At this stage it would be quicker to have another child than modify a bellhousing!