project LEXPLAY

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lexplay

Hi guys, i really should have made a thread a long time ago but i spend more time in the shed than on the computer.
here is the list of mods so far
91 SC400 LEXPLAY
votech v2 s-trim
intercooled, trust BOV
rush extractors, twin 3 inch stainles mandrel system
R154 manual, ceramic HD clutch
Torsen T2 diff centre
height controller
vertex body kit, Momo wheels
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg

i finished the car today and drove it first time with a 3.3'' pulley and only seen 2psi @6000rpm so swapped it with a 73mm one and now get 6psi @6000rpm.
it defiantly pulled harder and sounds awesome with the new extractors and exhaust system but for that size pulley i thought i would be seeing more boost i will be doing a full boost leak test tomorrow to make sure im not loosing boost.

ive have been building this car for a few years now and all modifications plus fab work have been done by myself, still plenty more mods to come too ;)
i will post more pics next time im on.

Hey congrats! Fitment and quality are right on. Nice job on the fuse box flip-flp... looks much easier/cleaner than extending everything.

Small tip, if you clock the blower inlet pipe under the headlight area you'll shed a lot of heat soak. I know your fuse box is right under the blower but there should be some roof left over.

Any pics of the exhaust setp?

super job.

Make sure the idle speed valve is closed, could be where the boost is going ;-).

Make sure the idle speed valve is closed, could be where the boost is going ;-).

I still have mine unaltered and I wonder why I dont see boost unless im WOT. Is there a specific input that keeps the valve closed? Thanks for mentioning that Cobber.

thanks guys, those pics where before i finished her of on sunday, Cobber is right their was a lot of unmetred air going in through the IAC valve so i did plumb it into the pipework.
the intake setup is only temporary i will be making the intake 4inch and most likely making some sort of cold air intake.
so does 6psi at @6000 rpm, vortech v2 with 73mm pulley sound right to you guys??
im still going to check for boost leaks tonight anyway for peice of mind

It depends on where the idle speed picks up it's air. If you have it open like in the pictures above it will leak out under boost. If you hook the air inlet pre throttle body post supercharger it will work as it should.

Depending on the ecu you an command the icv to also go to zero if > 100 kpa.

I am proud to supply you THE FISH. Great job and your car looks fantastic. Once again, Congrats... also make sure you plug up the TB outlet to the valve cover on the right...

Last edited:
hi there, nice neat install!, I have a question did you have to modify the inner arch tub to make clearance for the fish bracket? im fitting a vortech using the fish bracket into a jza80 (1uz powered) and even with some hammer time the bracket is fouling the arch badly, i think im going to have to cut a section out . .

thanks bud, I have the version 2 fish bracket. it did not foul on the chassis or inner arch but the charger did hit the bonnet so i did chop the bracket in halfe and take a inch out and weld it back together.
maybe you will have to do the same, it did bring the charger down and closer to the engine.

thanks guys, those pics where before i finished her of on sunday, Cobber is right their was a lot of unmetred air going in through the IAC valve so i did plumb it into the pipework.
the intake setup is only temporary i will be making the intake 4inch and most likely making some sort of cold air intake.
so does 6psi at @6000 rpm, vortech v2 with 73mm pulley sound right to you guys??
im still going to check for boost leaks tonight anyway for peice of mind

Mine makes about 12-13psi with a 2.5 inch pulley but its a v-9. I would think yours would make more if anything since it flows nearly twice the CFM. I make 6psi at 4500rpm and half throttle.

Some of the intercooler setups I had in the past would drop 2 to 6 psi. I'd highly reccomend ditching the intercooler and use water meth injection. I attatched a picture of my current setup with the intake flipped.:D

Looks awesome BTW. If you ever decide to sell that v-2 let me know first!

KC

Attachments

• IMG_2440.jpg
    IMG_2440.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 21
Sorry to double post.

Was thinking about some of the boost leaks I had when I first put mine together.

EGR was the worst though doesn't look like your car has it.

My stock FPR leaked.

I blew the top off of two MAF sensors, they leaked.

Eventaully replaced EVERY vac line on the car.

Make sure your brake booster check valve is good.

And don't forget about the pcv system. Stock, there is a hose that goes from the throttle body to the crank case (valve cover) without a check valve. I had full boost in my crank case before I figured that out.

Good luck!

KC

Sweet set up! Beautiful excecution too! More FI V8 Lexi :)...Nice fab work...Best way to do it if you have the tools and the know how...;)

Looking forward to a video.

Ryan

thanks guys!
KC i did read about your los of boost with the intercooler setup you had but as a daily i wanted to intercool mine. after all the hard work i put in to do it i think i will just work the charger harder with a smaller pulley to make up for it.
what i have also noticed is the common problem of our small crank pulley, i might look changing this as well.
no EGR, im pretty sure im not loosing boost yet but with a smaller pulley im sure i will have to keep a eye on the MAF too.
upadate on the upside down fuse box though, it was bucketing down the other night and some water got in their and the car will not crank now. hopefully it will dry out and start. ill have to look at sealing it better

had the car on the dyno tonight just for a power run and to check my AFR.
done one run and called it quits as she was leaning out, about 14;1
got 301hp 6psi @6000rpm
got a car show next week so going to fit a apexi afc neo and try richen her up that way.

got 301hp 6psi @6000rpm
got a car show next week so going to fit a apexi afc neo and try richen her up that way.

Did you ever find any leaks?

Hard to think you're only making 6psi.

Also, I'd check the rpm calculators on Vortechs website. I'm pretty sure that even with the stock 5.5 crank pulley I'm over spinning my unit a bit at 6500rpm. I'm using a 2.4 inch pulley or about 61mm.

KC

got 301hp 6psi @6000rpm
6 psi is too low for a crank hp, and is too high for a rwhp even though if it can be tuned with a standalone ECU. Something doesn't look normal.