Project Daily - 1993 EB Wagon 1UZ Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Me_3

Project Daily - 1993 EB Wagon 1UZ: WTD : GEARBOX ;(

I will be documenting the conversion here as I go along.....

Current Stage : Ford engine out, and cleaning the engine bay..

Pics to follow :)

My half-cut turned up today.. So its time to get it running in the cut, then transplant everytthing into the falcon...

I should have some pics as of tomorrow...

Smart move getting it running in the half cut before doing anything.

This will allow you to ascertain if it runs correctly before you start playing with the wiring.

This means if it doesn't run right in the Falcon you can cross off engine sensors/internal ECU problems as the cause and focus on your wiring.

Got it running today.. hooked up fuel, power, turned the key and it bust to life.. dead smooth as well.. :redface:

I finally have some pictures.. just have to upload them....

Pics

Some pictures...

The soon-to-be daily
s5300295.jpg.jpg

The new engine
s5300296.jpg.jpg

s5300297.jpg.jpg

s5300298.jpg.jpg

s5300299.jpg.jpg

I ended up making some stands from scrap metal to keep the cut at a decent working height.. the blue stands are there 'just in case' while i'm underneath...

standard to start with...

I'll be driving it every day, and with a weekly average of 5-600k's I don't want to work it too much as i'm after reliability...

Supercharging might happen later on tho.. :)

After A quick test-fit.. it seems the sump is a lot too large...

s5300322.jpg.jpg

Time to rip the sump off so I can get it low enough to make the mounts up.. then to make a new sump.

Need to remote mount the oil filter as well...

After a few more test fits, it seems I have left about 2cm somewhere....

Looks like the exaust manafolds need a little help so I have a little more room to drop it down...

O well... I'll get back to it on the weekend.

shrug.gif

Well, worked out how to get it in the hole..
veryhappy.gif

Got the engine mounting plates made up on the weekend.. exaust headers will need to be re-shaped a little I think... Truth will be with brand-new engine mounts installed..

For the gearbox I was going to use the lexus mount, but at $350 I might make something that uses a cheaper mount.. ideas?

I'll get some pictures of the mounts next time i'm down with the car... they bolt the engine to a standard set of falcon mounts which is nice..

Custom sump will be made in the next week or two...

getting there very slowly...

BLOWN EA said:
Use The Standart Falcon Gear Box Mount As I Have Used It In My Car
I looked at the falcon mount...

My gearbox sits a few inches shorter than yours due to a different output housing on the Celcior... The orig plan was to use the falcon crossmember with the lexus mount on the box with some plates joining the two..

I think I will end up with a custom mount based off the falcon crossmember, and using an 'old' aircraft engine mount & adaptor plate to the gearbox.

I'll look at it next weekend... I'm taking a break from the engineering this weekend to start on the wiring...

Put the new enging mounts in yesterday, so it appears the celcior headers need some work to clear the stearing and body...(3mm to body, and it just touches the stearing :shrug:)

We were hoping for at least 15mm to stearing and 10mm to body especially on the drivers side to allow for torquing of the engine..

I'll just keep taking things one at a time... It will be finished eventually..

Well, finally managed to get somewhere this sunday...

Finished modifying the exausts so they clear the body & steering...

Built a gearbox x-member..

Test-fitted everything with all bolts done up.. :)

Starting to look like a factory fit
veryhappy.gif

Next is the custom sump, which I should get started on this week, and get it welded up...

Then its time to work out how to fit the rest of the gear in the engine bay, and to change the timing belt
irked.gif

I prob should get a filter kit for the auto as well... any sugestions where from as repco doesn't have them... (as cheap as possible?)

I'll get some photos of my progress tomorrow as the stupid camera went flat today...
shrug.gif

Engine Mounts are finished.. Gearbox mount is finished, but pics can wait until I pull the engine/box out tomorrow for the test fit of the modded sump..

s5300345.jpg.jpg

s5300346.jpg.jpg

Just an update...

Wiring is nearly sorted.. I should have it hooked up enough to run.. all existing falcon electrics still work as far as I can tell.. (ABS mainly)

Sump is built, and is having the dipstick and drain plug added this week...

Power stearing lines are done
Auto Trans Lines are done
I have to make some ne panel where I had to remove a bit to fit the air-filter...

Relays, ignitors are mounted to the body...

Hopefully I get some more money together this week to purchase the hoses and little bits I need so I can fire it up in a week or two... :)

I'll post pics when there is something semi-interesting to post :p