power surge when going into second gear AUTO, flat spot?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deankdx

agian hope its correct section,
i have a crown engin trans and ECUs in a falcon, the car is yet to have 4 pulse per rev pulse generator fitted to make auto run in drive(atomatically) the gears are selected manually with shifter and with a switch (obviosly powering certain solenoids) anyway it gets all 4 gears and functions ok when driven in a normal fashion.
the problem is when you are "giving it some stick"and redline(or close to maybe even at 5ooorpm?) when you select second there is a breif but definate loss of power(as if you have backed off throttle, a flat spot perhaps?) only hapens for a split second but enough to lose momentum.
i was wondering if this is Normal as the auto shift is somehow protecting the transmission?(have heard they do something like this?) or could it be something else? the car does it on LPgas and petrol so i have to say it cant be a fuel prob.
i don't have the standard air box(doubt this would be an issue?) i dont have the resonator in inlet pipe(no room for it) i have a gas mixer in front of throttle body see link for pic http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336 and other than a trans fault due to not having 4 pulse per rev thing i cant see what else it could be
very keen to get this sorted so i can run down the quarter mile.

any one have any suggestions please explain why if you can spare the time?

Dean,

The ECU is known to retard timing during shifts to both protect the transmission and to smooth out the shift.

Remember your engine once lived in a "luxo-barge" and is setup to be smooth.

thanks i thought it may be caused by this, its a fair surge. does fitting the tiptronic kit fix this or the MV automatic (SA) kit fix this i recon it would cost considerable time in a race. i don't mind driving in luxo barge style through town, but i want it to GO when its told to.

if it does get removed does it compromise reliability of the trans?(another over enginnering idea from toyata?)

The controller will speed up the change. The fact the controller is isolated from the ECU means the ECU won't retard the ignition on the shift as it won't know it's shifting.

MV automatics can give you a higher stall converter or rebuild your valve body for firmer shifts. They can also build a stronger box for you if you need it.