power steering high pressure SS line size?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fourstars

this is going in a toyota 4runner and was wonder what size everyone has use for the power steering line??. i have a steel braides SS 3/8 hose with 6AN and doesnt seem to work.. im using an Ls400 pump with the resevoire remotley like the SC400.. i didnt use the banjo bolt and decided to get a 90 degree adapter union instead... when it starts up the pump squeals loud but the steering works...after a while it get quiet. after 10 mins i get no power steering...hopefully someone can chime in. my engine came from an SC400, the LS400 pump seems to make things easier with the steering valve NOT located on the banjo bolt. also it fits my application better. hard lines are a PITA , it is super clutter in my engine bay and SS braided is easier to route... thanks.

Last edited:
-6 worked great with the 1uz and still works great on my setup with the ls1 power steering pump. maybe your issue is elsewhere. Like a bad pump.

I've been having issues to, but I'm thinking I've nailed it to be air . If you jack the wheels off the ground remove the resouvoir cap run the engine and turn the steering from side to side . Then shut down , if air bubbles out then that's it . You might have to do it a few times , mines still bubbling , which still concerns me